lordpuffer
Legalize It Joe!
Premium Member
join:2004-09-19
Old Town, ME

lordpuffer

Premium Member

Looking For A 42" LED TV

Can anyone suggest a good medium priced 42" LED TV with hopefully 4 HDMI In's and a 120 refresh rate? Thanks.
TimCo
join:2005-01-14
Ronkonkoma, NY

1 recommendation

TimCo

Do you mean Obama didn't give you one yet.

lordpuffer
Legalize It Joe!
Premium Member
Old Town, ME
Nokia XS-110G-A
Linksys Velop MX5300

1 recommendation

lordpuffer

Premium Member

said by TimCo:

Do you mean Obama didn't give you one yet.

You know what? Maybe I should ask him once he's re-elected. He'll be in a good mood.

sk1939
Premium Member
join:2010-10-23
Frederick, MD
ARRIS SB8200
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Juniper SRX320

sk1939 to lordpuffer

Premium Member

to lordpuffer
Not much less than $1000/TV, but here are three I like personally:

Sony KDL46EX640

Sony KDL46EX645

LG 42LM62AGF210

The biggest issue is the amount of HDMI ports, most TV's less than a grand have only two or, if your lucky, three.

lordpuffer
Legalize It Joe!
Premium Member
Old Town, ME

lordpuffer

Premium Member

Thanks I should have mentioned it in my OP, however I would like to keep under $700. I really need at least 3 HDMI ports if possible.

sk1939
Premium Member
join:2010-10-23
Frederick, MD

sk1939

Premium Member

Those are about the closet I can find, other than the Samsung UN40ES6100 ($800, but only has 3 HDMI). The LG is going to be the closest price-wise, at around $800.

lordpuffer
Legalize It Joe!
Premium Member
Old Town, ME
Nokia XS-110G-A
Linksys Velop MX5300

lordpuffer

Premium Member

said by sk1939:

Those are about the closet I can find, other than the Samsung UN40ES6100 ($800, but only has 3 HDMI). The LG is going to be the closest price-wise, at around $800.

Thank you very much for your help.

OverBurn
join:2004-02-21
Greenwood, IN

OverBurn to lordpuffer

to lordpuffer
I bought this one in Dec 2011, it's been an awesome TV, best picture I've seen for the money. I paid $680 no tax free shipping from NewEgg. Not sure were to find one now, should be something similar available.

LG 42LW5300 42-Inch 1080p 120 Hz Cinema 3D LED-LCD HDTV (Came with BluRay Player and 4 3d Glasses)
TimCo
join:2005-01-14
Ronkonkoma, NY

TimCo to lordpuffer

to lordpuffer
»www.woot.com/plus/hdtv-b ··· um=email

Woot has a special.

EliteData
EliteData
Premium Member
join:2003-07-06
Philippines

EliteData to lordpuffer

Premium Member

to lordpuffer
get an HDMI remote controlled switch for less then you would pay to have a set with more HDMI inputs.

robbin
Mod
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX

1 recommendation

robbin to lordpuffer

Mod

to lordpuffer
If you can use one just a little larger I bought a 47" LG (47LG4600) at Sam's yesterday for $678. Really nice picture with a small bezel but only 3 HDMI. They also had a 42" Sony which looked great for between 550 and 600. Didn't look at number of ports. (hint -- if you don't like shopping at Sam's then check the price on Amazon for the LG!)

lordpuffer
Legalize It Joe!
Premium Member
Old Town, ME

lordpuffer

Premium Member

Thanks everyone. Some good suggestions.

robbin - I have a Sam's pretty close to me. I'll take a look at the Sony. Sounds interesting. Thanks.

Bluphn
@rr.com

Bluphn to robbin

Anon

to robbin
robbin:
How is the sound on the LG from the onboard speakers? It may be a while before I can get an external system. Thanks.

robbin
Mod
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX

robbin

Mod

I bought the set primarily because I thought it had the best picture of the sets of that size. I haven't had time to actually sit down and watch and listen to a movie (maybe tomorrow). With a TV as thin as the LG is I would never expect much of the sound (I'll try to post back in a few days as to my experience). I'll probably end up using a sound bar with mine. The location I am installing it in does not lend itself to a complete sound system. One thing, I think it only has netflix on Internet. I didn't want or need a bunch of apps as I will have it connected to a HTPC through an extender (probably the new Ceton Echo possibly due out in November).

Hotrodr56
@knology.net

Hotrodr56 to lordpuffer

Anon

to lordpuffer
»deals.woot.com/deals/det ··· e420va#0

It's LCD but it does have four HDMI and it's 42" and........pretty cheap.

lordpuffer
Legalize It Joe!
Premium Member
Old Town, ME
Nokia XS-110G-A
Linksys Velop MX5300

lordpuffer to robbin

Premium Member

to robbin
said by robbin:

If you can use one just a little larger I bought a 47" LG (47LG4600) at Sam's yesterday for $678. Really nice picture with a small bezel but only 3 HDMI. They also had a 42" Sony which looked great for between 550 and 600. Didn't look at number of ports. (hint -- if you don't like shopping at Sam's then check the price on Amazon for the LG!)

I checked at Sam's. The Sony 42" is $548, however, it only has 2 HDMI ports. I need at least 3.

Thanks for the info on the LG, however, that will be too large. I'll keep up the hunt.
lordpuffer

lordpuffer to Hotrodr56

Premium Member

to Hotrodr56
said by Hotrodr56 :

»deals.woot.com/deals/det ··· e420va#0

It's LCD but it does have four HDMI and it's 42" and........pretty cheap.

Thanks for the suggestion, however I decided to stay away from Vizio for I had one once and it made strange sounds. Turned out is was a known issue with it.