uniqs
bennor
Premium Member
join:2006-07-22
New Haven, CT

bennor

Premium Member

[STB] SA Explorer 2200 Hours Long Reboot Loop on Friday Evenings

For the last two Fridays nights my SA Explorer 2200 box has gotten stuck in some kind of a rebooting loop all on its own. Cycles between the messages TR-09 (or some other number), BR-07 and APDL. Power cycles over and over again. Eventually, sometime during the night, the box stops cycling and can be used again.

Both times this happened I had a recording set (to record via a VCR - yes some people still use those ) through the box. Both times the box failed to pass through the video signal while it kept cycling with the above messages on it's LED screen.

Anyone else experience a similar problem with older STB boxes? Could this be related to the recent guide update for my market (New Haven CT) mentioned in the New Guides for SA/Cisco Areas thread?
Russ6
join:2011-03-17
Houston, TX

Russ6

Re: [STB] SA Explorer 2200 Hours Long Reboot Loop on Friday Even

It could be an issue with the new guide update. I think the APDL error happens when the STB is in the process of downloading the guide. You can post this issue in Comcast's Ted Hodgins, Sr. Director, Video Product Development - Navigation, in Media & Entertainment, "New Guide for Scientific Atlanta Cable Boxes" blog at:

»blog.comcast.com/2010/05 ··· xes.html

Some customers have exchanged the SA Explorer 2200 for a more modern STB because it has limited memory. This causes the amount of guide listings to be reduced and may be causing your problem.
bennor
Premium Member
New Haven, CT

bennor

Premium Member

Left a post on the Hodgins blog, hasn't shown up yet though. STB went down again sometime earlier tonight, and now the STB display looks something like this: -nu-
Russ6
join:2011-03-17
Houston, TX

1 edit

Russ6

Ted usually responds to the blog during work hours Monday - Friday, sometimes it takes a few days depending on how busy he is with his other duties. I have seen responses as late as 10 p.m. when he is working late. Your entry will show up when he responds to it and his response will have a link to your entry (click on "replied to comment xxx" in his blog.)
Cablejim10875
join:2012-09-21
Bath, ME

Cablejim10875 to bennor

to bennor
I would exchange the 2200. Here they are having issues loading guide info past 2 days. See if you can get a 4250 or a RNG100 to replace it.

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium Member
join:2008-01-06

beachintech to bennor

Premium Member

to bennor
Those boxes suck.

Be careful what you get to replace it. Above a 4250, you may loose the ability to schedule VCR recordings.
bennor
Premium Member
New Haven, CT

2 edits

bennor

Premium Member

I exchanged the box this morning and they gave me another SA Explorer 2200. I asked if they had other boxes and the lady said no, for my account that's the box they use.

Trying to activate it now but getting a blue screen that says the box is not authorized and to call 800 266 2278.

ETA: Called the number and they ended up, after trying to activate the box one way, sent some kind of a reboot signal that got the box provisioned.

While returning the previous SA box this morning there were at least four others with the same SA box in line, at least two were exchanging their boxes, as were others with different STB's.
Cablejim10875
join:2012-09-21
Bath, ME

Cablejim10875

If this one fails and a truck roll is scheduled ask the tech for a 4250 which has the time on it or the RNG100 which doesnt display the time. Like I said on our system the 2200 are not loading the guide past 2 days anymore. Your system may be at the mercy of the master hub warehouse.