share rss forum feed

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
kudos:5

Phone service: Faxing, does it work?

I have the Xfinity internet, TV, phone service package. Will the phone service support Faxing? Technically, is the service a type of VOIP?

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-13
Happy Valley
kudos:9

When I did subscribe to CDV, I had no issues sending & receiving faxes. I put a simple splitter on the back of the leased CDV modem. One lead went to the wall supplying the house with phone, while the other lead went to my all-in-one printer.

bgoodbody
Bill G

join:2002-05-08
North Truro, MA
reply to signmeuptoo

Yes faxing works
--
- Bill

jack b
Gone Fishing
Premium,MVM
join:2000-09-08
Cape Cod
kudos:1
reply to signmeuptoo

I use my computer modem for manually sending and receiving FAX transmissions, with no problems whatsoever.

GusHerb94

join:2011-11-04
Chicago, IL
reply to signmeuptoo

Comcast business class voice is the exact same thing as Xfinity voice and they specifically advertised it as being able to work with alarms, fax machines, credit card machines etc (of course they won't guarantee that). I know for a fact that it works on all three of those things.

jaynick
lit up
Premium
join:2001-02-06
Sterling Heights, MI
kudos:2

1 recommendation

reply to signmeuptoo

Make sure you use a 2 wire phone cord.

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
kudos:5

Why, what's wrong with a 4 lead phone cord?

jaynick
lit up
Premium
join:2001-02-06
Sterling Heights, MI
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by signmeuptoo:

Most all-in-one printers require a 2 wire cord because in the EMTA both pairs are hot. I had that issue when I had cdv. The printer paperwork specified that. I couldn't find one but I cut the sheath and cut the yellow/black to get it to work.

PeteC2
Got Mouse?
Premium,MVM
join:2002-01-20
Bristol, CT
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

said by jaynick:

said by signmeuptoo:

Most all-in-one printers require a 2 wire cord because in the EMTA both pairs are hot. I had that issue when I had cdv. The printer paperwork specified that. I couldn't find one but I cut the sheath and cut the yellow/black to get it to work.

Second that. My HP Officejet AIO has no problems faxing with Comcast phone, but absolutely, you want to use a 2-wire phone cord, not 4.

HP supplies a 2 wire cord and splitter with their OfficeJet printers just for that reason, for use with all phone service, not just cdv.
--
Deeds, not words

join:2012-04-03
reply to signmeuptoo

Technically, the easiest way is to get an online faxing account. Usually they have many features and VOIP in one pack. Let's say - I found a company, for example, popfax.com, and I buy their pack and I don't need any other features, but at a mo it happens so that I really need VOIP, i.e. and I get it. That's the point.

pokesph
It Is Almost Fast
Premium
join:2001-06-25
Sacramento, CA
reply to signmeuptoo

yes it works just fine..

I have a CDV just for my fax, an older Brother IntelliFax stand-alone, (well there is a phone on it too for outgoing LD calls) and it hasn't yet not worked.

keason
Premium
join:2002-05-02
Ann Arbor, MI
Reviews:
·Comcast Business..
reply to signmeuptoo

Most VoIP faxing is problematic, but Comcast works very well. If your volume is low, a dedicated fax service is usually only a few $ per month, much cheaper than the $40/mo comcast charges.The VoIP providers let you receive faxes and deliver them to you via a .pdf email attachment. You can send by uploading your documents to a web site or as an email attachment.

Comcast phone lines act the same as analog phone lines.

naseqp

join:2003-11-02
Fernandina Beach, FL
reply to signmeuptoo

Never a problem here sending or receiving HP 3390, Comcast Business with a dedicated fax line.

Although seems we use it less and less for sending every year.