share rss forum feed

The Dord
Gamecenter CX
Premium
join:2005-01-06
Belleville, MI
Reviews:
·AT&T Yahoo

Since 2wire is now Pace, did their gateways improve?

2wire's been the bane of my existence since I've started DSL. All I wanna know is did pace fix the defects and deficientcies when the pace 4111n came out?

My post history with 2wire's been a decent battle and I'm about to have my coach throw in the towel.
--
»twitter.com/The_Dord -- Twitter Account

daveinpoway
Premium
join:2006-07-03
Poway, CA
kudos:2

I solved my 2Wire problems years ago by switching to the Netopia/Motorola 3347- wonderful piece of equipment, never skips a beat.

Mike2009

join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON
kudos:3
reply to The Dord

My experience with the 2700 and 2701 has been great.

The Dord
Gamecenter CX
Premium
Belleville, MI
Reviews:
·AT&T Yahoo

I'm getting a replacement gateway (my hunch is the pace model, but the chick said 2wire.. although they dont sell those anymore) after a few weeks ago one of the wireless channels died on the unit and now if I use streaming video, it literally makes my 2wire reboot itself constantly.

I will be glad to get out the 2wire name (and I bought the $3/mo replacement insurance today as well just in case)
--

Darknessfall

join:2012-08-17

We've had a 2wire 3800 HGV-B that lasted almost 4 years before exchanged it for a 3801. Both work fine .

The Dord
Gamecenter CX
Premium
Belleville, MI
Reviews:
·AT&T Yahoo

said by Darknessfall:

We've had a 2wire 3800 HGV-B that lasted almost 4 years before exchanged it for a 3801. Both work fine .

Guess the u-verse style gateways are made of sterner stuff.
--

twodogs

join:2001-08-17
Pahrump, NV
reply to The Dord

I've gone through two 4111N's already. The interface is incredibly slow, and I can not get the MAC filtering to work at all, I take that back, I did get it to work once allowing a single device on the approved list, but then it never worked again, it just states "ERRORS", with no explanation whatsoever. Other than that it seems to work. I can honestly say that I liked the 2Wire 2701 better...
--
Madness takes its toll...
Please have exact change.

The Dord
Gamecenter CX
Premium
Belleville, MI
Reviews:
·AT&T Yahoo

said by twodogs:

I've gone through two 4111N's already. The interface is incredibly slow, and I can not get the MAC filtering to work at all, I take that back, I did get it to work once allowing a single device on the approved list, but then it never worked again, it just states "ERRORS", with no explanation whatsoever. Other than that it seems to work. I can honestly say that I liked the 2Wire 2701 better...

Interesting. I'll keep this in mind, but now having the insurance means i can replace it if it goes bad. Thanks for your experience.
--

Darknessfall

join:2012-08-17
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Comcast

Click for full size
If you're curious how my 3801 is doing . Restarted it 11 days ago:).