Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to The Snowman

Re: Assange makes 1st public appearance in 2 months

Romney's not the only one putting his foot in his mouth over the attack on the US consulate in Libya.

»www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/se···-assange

FF4m3

@bhn.net

said by dave:

Romney's not the only one putting his foot in his mouth over the attack on the US consulate in Libya.

»www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/se···-assange

+1 Then again no one is sure what person(s) actually made the posts. Still, bogglingly stupid.

Ian
Premium
join:2002-06-18
ON
kudos:3

said by FF4m3 :

+1 Then again no one is sure what person(s) actually made the posts. Still, bogglingly stupid.

No. But as the article said, it's long been assumed to be Julian Assange. Agree it's stupid. Agree it's likely Assange that made the post.
--
“Any claim that the root of a problem is simple should be treated the same as a claim that the root of a problem is Bigfoot. Simplicity and Bigfoot are found in the real world with about the same frequency.” – David Wong

FF4m3

@bhn.net

said by Ian:

said by FF4m3 :

as the article said, it's long been assumed to be Julian Assange.

The article said no such thing.

said by The Guardian :

A post on the official WikiLeaks Twitter feed, which is generally presumed to be operated by Assange, read...

Nowhere does The Guardian indicate that he was the actual author of the tweets.

dave
Premium,MVM
not in ohio
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

3 edits

1 recommendation

Incorrect.

(I assume that you like that dogmatic one-word assertion style since you use it to the extent of being tedious).

A reasonable reader would read that and assume that Assange typed it.

After all, how do you "operate" a Twitter feed? It doesn't actually take much operating beyond typing the stuff that you want to post.

So, breaking it down, the Guardian reports that the feed "is generally presumed to be operated by Assange", from which a reasonable person may infer that Twitter postings from Wikileaks are generally presumed to be from Assange. (May not be, of course, hence "presumed"). From that, the reasonable person may further infer that these particular postings adhere to the usual pattern, and thus it is likely to be Assange behind them.

You know, the same way it's generally presumed that postings from some anonymous guy calling himself FF4m3 are from the same person.

Name Game
Premium
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI
kudos:7

It is not known who manages the WikiLeaks Twitter account, although some reports have said its founder Julian Assange has recently assumed control of the feed.

»wireupdate.com/wikileaks-u-s-gov···ide.html

This is the last time the word "tacit" was used in reference to Assange

»www.dailykos.com/story/2012/08/2···e-Asylum

But never fear..there is a ...

New Passport for Julian
»twitpic.com/aupcjq
And he is going to run for the Senate
»twitter.com/Charlts/statuses/247···=twitter
--
Gladiator Security Forum
»www.gladiator-antivirus.com/

FF4m3

@bhn.net
reply to dave

said by dave:

Incorrect.

Spin it dave. Post a link that states that Assange typed those tweets

FF4m3

@bhn.net
reply to Name Game

said by Name Game:

This is the last time the word "tacit" was used in reference to Assange

»www.dailykos.com/story/2012/08/2···e-Asylum

From your link:
said by DailyKos :

The notoriously conservative Washington Post (WaPo) editorial board published a tacit threat to Ecuador for Ecuador's granting Wikileaks founder Julian Assange asylum...

WaPo's implied threat demonstrates the all too cozy relationship between the supposedly-independent main stream media and the U.S. government, which the media depends upon for reporting, even to the point of giving the government veto power on certain stories and quotes.

WaPo's threat of "consequences" for Ecuador show that not only are whistleblowers faced with severe retaliation in the form of criminal prosecution under the Espionage Act, but those who protect them are facing retaliation.

FF4m3

@bhn.net
reply to dave

said by dave:

IYou know, the same way it's generally presumed that postings from some anonymous guy calling himself FF4m3 are from the same person.

Along with your other assumptions, dave, you assume that I'm a guy.

dave
Premium,MVM
not in ohio

Indeed I do, in a provisional sense. It's a statistically-reasonable assumption, but not a position I feel strongly about, and am prepared to revise it if contrary evidence presents itself.

FF4m3

@bhn.net

said by dave:

Indeed I do, in a provisional sense. It's a statistically-reasonable assumption, but not a position I feel strongly about, and am prepared to revise it if contrary evidence presents itself.

Here's contrary evidence: I want you to think of me as female until I instruct you otherwise. How's that?

dave
Premium,MVM
not in ohio
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

3 edits

1 recommendation

reply to FF4m3

said by FF4m3 :

said by dave:

Incorrect.

Spin it dave. Post a link that states that Assange typed those tweets

Don't have to. We're talking about a statement in the Guardian that says it is widely presumed that Assange is behind the posting. The statement made is one of presumption but not of fact. You've now twisted it to claim of a published statement that Assange definitely typed those tweets.

To recap:

1. The Guardian reports that it is widely presumed that Assange operates the Twitter feed.

2. Ian and I infer that 'operate the feed' means 'post messages'. I further state it's a reasonable inference.

3. You attept to draw some pettifogging distinction between 'operating' and doing the typing.

4. And here, several replies further on, you're attempting to twist the situation by demanding a link to something that neither of us claimed existed in the first place.

In short, the subject has become your interminable quibbling. Which simply seems to be for the sake of quibbling.

dave
Premium,MVM
not in ohio
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 recommendation

reply to FF4m3

What you 'want' is not evidence in support of what 'is'.

Had you declared that you were in fact female, I'd perhaps have agreed that you can be assumed to be such. But since you were not straightforward enough to state a fact, instead indulging your penchant for little games, I feel no obligation to care about it.

FF4m3

@bhn.net

said by dave:

What you 'want' is not evidence in support of what 'is'.

Had you declared that you were in fact female, I'd perhaps have agreed that you can be assumed to be such. But since you were not straightforward enough to state a fact, instead indulging your penchant for little games, I feel no obligation to care about it.

You are merely who you are, dave. It's ok.

dave
Premium,MVM
not in ohio

1 recommendation

Condescending, too.