GoRaptors
join:2011-07-22
London, ON

GoRaptors to donoreo

to donoreo

Re: Laser Toner deals?

»123inkcartridges.ca/cata ··· =11&y=13

I have a black & white Samsung ML-1675 I think

which of those 2 toner cartridges do I want to get?

The $36.99 one or the $76.15 one? Cheers! Thanks in advance! :P!

lugnut
@look.ca

lugnut

Anon

said by GoRaptors:

»123inkcartridges.ca/cata ··· =11&y=13

I have a black & white Samsung ML-1675 I think

which of those 2 toner cartridges do I want to get?

The $36.99 one or the $76.15 one? Cheers! Thanks in advance! :P!

It's a no brainer. Unless you print less than 20 pages per month go with the $37 generic.

Or better yet, get it from an Amazon Reseller for $30 even, no tax and free shipping.

»www.amazon.ca/gp/offer-l ··· tion=new

Like I said earlier, unless it's a very recent model of Samsung printer and they're still kicking the bugs out of the generics, generics are the way to go.
GoRaptors
London, ON

GoRaptors

I feel more confident in going with the 123 that's the 1/toner cartridge you originally recommended me when you recommended me the current samsung printer I have! xD! :P! ! Cheers! Thanks for the advice I super appreciate it! :P! ! xD!

lugnut
@look.ca

lugnut

Anon

I went with a Samsung generic from an Amazon reseller two months ago and saved myself about $25 over the 123inkjets price with no tax and free shipping. The cartridge is in my printer right now and humming along without a problem.

Check out the prices yourself. My printer is a SCX-4826FN and the cartridge it uses is the MLT-D209L. (That's the 5000 page one. The S model is only good for 2000 pages.) (I print a LOT )

Anyway, over the OEM Samsung Price I saved over half, and over the 123 generic price, I still managed to save another $25 in price and taxes.

Amazon reseller price was $54, taxes in and shipping free. And they offer a one year warranty on the cartridge.

I deal with Amazon resellers all the time. They generally sell for half the price and they're TERRIFIED of losing their good standing with Amazon so they will always bend over backwards to make certain the customer is 100% satisfied.

I've literally bought hundreds of times from Amazon resellers over the past ten years and those few times I ever had to RMA something customer service was nothing short of excellent.

Believe me, you have nothing to lose by going with the $30 generic I listed.
GoRaptors
London, ON

GoRaptors

Does express shipping cost more or?(with the amazon reseller?) You totally persuaded me >> /tongue in cheek I better/best not be having any problems!! :P!: )! xD!

lugnut
@look.ca

lugnut

Anon

Amazon reseller shipping costs vary from item to item and reseller to reseller but they are listed on the purchase page for each reseller and any other available shipping options will present themselves at checkout before you finalize the purchase.

Generally speaking, express shipping, if offered does cost more, but the $30 guy ,lists $30 and free shipping from Ontario. That generally means Canada post shipping within a couple of days at most to the GTA.
GoRaptors
London, ON

GoRaptors

Ok, ya that's what I went with. *crosses fingers*!

lugnut
@look.ca

lugnut

Anon

Not to worry buttercup. Your toner will probably ship expedited post anyway since I looked at his shipping rates and expedited and standard post are both listed at $0 per item.

I tell ya, out of every 20 purchases I make from Amazon, about 19 of them are from resellers. Item is pretty much always as described and if not they will jump thru hoops if you threaten to file a dispute with Amazon or leave bad feedback.

And the prices on CDs and DVDs are generally between 50% and 70% cheaper than Amazon's price even with the additional standard shipping cost of $3.49 per disk.

My only advice to you is to hold off on leaving feedback until you've had a chance to install and run the cartridge to make sure it works properly first. Feedback can be put off I think up to two months. Last time I ordered a cartridge my old cartridge still had 500 pages left in it
GoRaptors
London, ON

GoRaptors

So my "old"(the toner that came with the samsung printer initially) toner has about 10% left I can use all that up once the toner from amazon arrives correct? Is there anything "special" I have 2 do or just take the old one out put the new one in & that's it? Thanks in advance! Cheers! :P! !

donoreo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

said by GoRaptors:

So my "old"(the toner that came with the samsung printer initially) toner has about 10% left I can use all that up once the toner from amazon arrives correct? Is there anything "special" I have 2 do or just take the old one out put the new one in & that's it? Thanks in advance! Cheers! :P! !

you have to replace it with your left hand while doing a handstand on your right and eating yogourt using your left foot.

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium Member
join:2005-01-20

Thane_Bitter to GoRaptors

Premium Member

to GoRaptors
Remove ALL of the packaging, don't laugh, if your first new printout is all black you forgot to remove part of the packaging.

Often they suggest you roll the cartridge side to side before installing it as it helps spread out the toner dust evenly. If the drum is built into it (sort of a greenish roller) you should leave it lying about in bright light for very long as it’s photosensitive.

Before you pop the new one in, have a look at the drive wheels on the old one, one side of the cartridge will have a geared wheel protruding. In a perfect world it should be clean, however sometimes the seal leaks on the toner cartridge and toner will leak out and get into the printers drive train. If you see black dust, grab a piece of paper towel, wet it with COLD water so that it is damp and wipe up any excess toner inside the printer. And while you are in there you can use a dry piece of paper towel or other lint less product and wipe the glass window on the imaging unit, the manual will explain the exact location.

lugnut
@look.ca

lugnut to GoRaptors

Anon

to GoRaptors
Like Thane_Bitter said, remove ALL the packaging before you use it. That includes any bits of sticky tape stuck at odd corners of the cartridge.

As for the green roller, Samsung builds the drums into their cartridges so AVOID direct sunlight or overexposure to light between package and printer. The drums have a photosensitive coating that picks up the image from the laser.

As for mucking around inside the printer with a damp cloth? That's just insane. Have as little physical contact with the inner guts of the printer as humanly possible. Pull the old cartridge out by the handle and insert the new one the same way. As was mentioned it's a good idea to shake the toner a bit 360 degrees to distribute the toner evenly throughout the new cartridge.

And yes, you can run the old toner dry before you swap in the new one. Don't even open the new toner until you are ready to use it. It is wrapped up airtight in the packaging.

Don't leave the vendor any feedback until you've had an opportunity to test the toner. If there are any problems, resolve the issue with the vendor before leaving feedback. You have a 6 to 8 week window before your opportunity to leave feedback expires.
lugnut

lugnut

Anon

And one thing that may seem obvious but I cannot stress enough is that you NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER touch the green drum with your fingers or anything else unless you want your fingerprints on every page you print with that cartridge

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium Member
join:2005-01-20

Thane_Bitter to lugnut

Premium Member

to lugnut
Lugnuts, insane would be not unplugging the printer first.

To restate, it is unusual for the seals on the toner cartridge to leak allowing the toner to leak out; however I have seen it happen on a few Samsung printers which had been using genuine Samsung toner cartridges.

Generally speaking it is only a small amount that gets spread over the helical drive gear of the printer. If the residual is not removed it gets drawn in and tracked through the drive train which can cause wear to the gears, while the rest falls down into the paper tray and ends up on the back side of the printout as black specks. You can’t blow it out, and vacuuming isn’t recommended either unless one has a toner rated vacuum cleaner.