Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Jmartz

join:2000-07-20
Tenafly, NJ
reply to kickass69

Re: [iO] New Jersey All Digital

The SA boxes don't use the cards for anything. They are just required for the box to work. I picked up boxes and they forgot to give me a card on one of them, it wouldn't work. I took the box back and they, without question just took another card from another box and stuck it into my box and said to go back and try again. -- I did, it worked.

They did not scan the card... weird.

I like the new Samsung boxes, they look modern, and are faster. Can't wait to see what the new software looks like when it rolls out.

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
said by Jmartz:

I like the new Samsung boxes, they look modern, and are faster.

Except they're at least 3 times bigger than they need to be. The box is mostly empty space.

kickass69

join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

1 edit
Seems like the Morris County system has gone all digital.

Did a second QAM scan this week. Between Monday when I did my QAM scan and this morning the analog feeds are now showing you need a box now. There's a ton more Clear QAM channels viewable now as a result.

Just have to wait until the analog feeds are fully turned off to catch up on a year's worth of HD additions and fewer SDV channels.

DAOWAce

join:2006-10-25
Flanders, NJ

2 edits
We were charged a fee to get service due to the digital change because our area wasn't yet converted to digital despite other towns being converted in our county.

Is that even legal?

Think I can get a refund for this?

kickass69

join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
What's the name of the fee in question?