how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

InStitches49

join:2012-08-24
Hendersonville, TN

Just Wish I'd Known!

I'm in the area where the 300 cap is being used now and just signed up for Comcast a little over a week ago. No one ever told me beforehand that there was a 300 cap. Now we're within it by a good amount right now, but the fact that this wasn't disclosed is what frustrates me. We had been with AT&T Bellsouth and the speed was terrible! Our daughter is taking an online college class and was constantly being kicked offline, so we thought this would be a better solution. However, if the price increases dramatically we'll have to go back with AT&T DSL (hope not until at least she finishes this course). Little did I know or even know enough to ask

PeteC2
Got Mouse?
Premium,MVM
join:2002-01-20
Bristol, CT
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Comcast
Why? AT&T DSL has a 150gb cap per month (were you not aware of this?), so moving to a service with a 300gb per month cap should have absolutely no effect on you.

At any rate, if the 300gb cap concerns you, why would you return to a service with a cap half that size?
--
Deeds, not words

InStitches49

join:2012-08-24
Hendersonville, TN
AT&T/Bellsouth had a cap?! Guess what? No one at that service ever let me know so I can only guess that between myself and our daughter (DH doesn't use the internet) we never got to that 150 gb cap (knowing how we're "running" now on Comcast makes me say that in all honesty). We were on a bundle with internet and home phone and were at the highest level DSL we could go in our neighborhood. UVerse wasn't offered so we had no other course than to try Comcast. Those are the only two internet services offered here. Interesting to find that out since the bill never stated anything about a cap. Nice to be in the "dark" .... not!

PeteC2
Got Mouse?
Premium,MVM
join:2002-01-20
Bristol, CT
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Comcast
When AT&T went to a 150gb cap a couple of years back, it was announced via email to subscribers. I never saw a mention of that in the bill, anymore than I did when I switched to Comcast last spring.

Although caps usually will be mentioned in the TOS, I agree that most ISPs are not exactly up front about their caps policies.

I will agree with the ISPs in one respect however: Most users are in little danger of exceeding the caps, and that this is an issue primarily concerning a very small percentage of users...whether it is a mere 1%, or perhaps a bit more than that (but certainly less than say 5%) I will leave to the experts, but based on your posts, I would be doubtful that a 300gb cap will ever cost you anything.
--
Deeds, not words