share rss forum feed

mackey
Premium
join:2007-08-20
kudos:11
reply to captokita

Re: [Anime] Summer 2012 - Currently watching

said by captokita:

Sword Art Online: I'm still liking this, and a couple of episodes have been downright sad. If YOU were trapped in a MMO like that, would you just sit back and enjoy it - as far as being a shopkeeper, etc vs fighting to "win" to get freedom that was never a guarantee anyway?

Accel World: When this series first started, I wasn't sure where it would go, and if I would like it or not, now into it's 2nd season it's doing pretty well. I like the fights, and I like the characters, even if one is a pig as his "virtual" self. I'm curious how this one will end.

I've been meaning to reply to these...

I'm gonna have to disagree with your assessment of SAO. Not everyone is good at fighting, so why should they go get themselves killed trying? They're doing exactly what they should be - doing what they can to support the people who are fighting. Kirito would never of gotten his 2nd sword if there were no swordsmiths...

I just watched ep 11 and ugh, I hated it. The entire first half of the episode I wanted to strangle someone; Asuna opening up a can of whoop-ass towards the end was the only good part of this ep. At the very end I was like "oh, hello, .Hack"

Accel World is great however. At least if you like straight up action shows... I was put off by the first part of the first episode, but by the end I was interested enough to watch #2. By the end of #2 it was on my must-watch list 2 episodes ago my biggest concern was that there were only 3 episodes left; will that be enough time to wrap up the arc they just started and get back to the story from the first 3/4 of the series? Now with only 1 ep remaining it looks like they'll just barely be able to finish the current arc. I sure hope there's another season in the works... I think it's kinda cool how Accel World takes place 20 years after SAO. It would be hilarious if it turns out Kirito was somehow involved with creating the Brain Burst program :lol:

/M

captokita
Premium
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC

said by mackey:

I'm gonna have to disagree with your assessment of SAO. Not everyone is good at fighting, so why should they go get themselves killed trying? They're doing exactly what they should be - doing what they can to support the people who are fighting. Kirito would never of gotten his 2nd sword if there were no swordsmiths...

I think you didn't understand my question. If you're trapped in the game, "would you sit back and enjoy it" means not fighting - being a blacksmith, while essential to the fighting people, is a relatively "safe" profession, unless you go farming materials yourself. Someone wants something made, they can bring you the materials. So vs fighting, it's a "safe" thing to do. You can't be killed in towns.

quote:
I just watched ep 11 and ugh, I hated it. The entire first half of the episode I wanted to strangle someone; Asuna opening up a can of whoop-ass towards the end was the only good part of this ep. At the very end I was like "oh, hello, .Hack"
Ya, it has faltered a bit, but in a way, you can understand it. If you were that close to death, you might take the chance to live peacefully a bit.

quote:
Accel World is great however. At least if you like straight up action shows... I was put off by the first part of the first episode, but by the end I was interested enough to watch #2. By the end of #2 it was on my must-watch list
Some things in this one have been done before, but it's still a good show, and has plenty of action. If next week is the end, it's going to be rushed some. Nice buildup though, and this week had me yelling at the screen "will you just kill him already?"

mackey
Premium
join:2007-08-20
kudos:11

Well, as expected, that was the last episode of Accel World. Not bad overall, though I kinda wish they just left out some of the plot points they never followed through with. Need moar Akihabara Battle Grounds action! I sure hope they make another season once there's more source material.

Sword Art Online. Sigh. Question: if you suddenly have access to a terminal that has an administrator account logged in on, do you
A) Log everyone out
B) Give yourself a badass weapon that will let you clear the game in no time.
C) Max out your level and abilities.
D) Modify the program to not kill people when they get a 'game over.'
E) (Partially) save some AI program from being deleted.
I'm sure you can guess which one Kirito chose... I guess they were worried about ending the series too soon? Ugh.

/M

captokita
Premium
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC

LOL! You're right mackey, you would think you would utilize an admin panel slightly better, but then, what fun is that?

Accel World's ending was decent, and ending it that way isn't bad. As opposed to my next rant:

Gundam Age: Holy hell thank glob this craptastic series is over. The final episode basically just shit all over the entire series, and makes you just scream at the screen "NO YOU ASSHOLE! YOU DON'T END LIKE THAT!" You just don't forget the fact you've been slaughtering each other throughout the past 50+ years and just calmly start fighting together. That just wouldn't happen. Then you come up with some bullshit the AGE system (which I thought destroyed in the last episode) could cure Mar's ills, then why the frig didn't you do that from the start?????? ARRRGH! The pain! the PAAAAAAAIN!!!!!!