uniqs

Flashfox
Eco-Text -- Why print E-mails?
join:2003-10-01
Carlsbad, CA

Flashfox to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert

Re: Installing personally owned Modem

Thanks for the update. I am using BHN's modem with my Lightning service and although I am now tempted in getting my own, I will more than likely keep what I have now.

I like to "customize" my electronic toys (aka root phones, build computers, modify my ham radio equipment,etc.) but as BHN will remotely manage the modem and can flash it at will, it would be a waste for me.

After all, BHN's service has been stellar so far and the small extra monthly charge is worth the peace of mind.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by Flashfox:

Thanks for the update. I am using BHN's modem with my Lightning service and although I am now tempted in getting my own, I will more than likely keep what I have now.

I like to "customize" my electronic toys (aka root phones, build computers, modify my ham radio equipment,etc.) but as BHN will remotely manage the modem and can flash it at will, it would be a waste for me.

After all, BHN's service has been stellar so far and the small extra monthly charge is worth the peace of mind.

This is NOT the place to discuss the "things" you like to do to devices in that arena Flashfox especially where you were going with that one. I will say this once and only once and for everyones benefit...that would be an unwise idea...very unwise.

Flashfox
Eco-Text -- Why print E-mails?
join:2003-10-01
Carlsbad, CA

Flashfox

said by BHNtechXpert:

said by Flashfox:

This is NOT the place to discuss the "things" you like to do to devices in that arena Flashfox especially where you were going with that one. I will say this once and only once and for everyones benefit...that would be an unwise idea...very unwise.

I wholeheartedly agree! My comment was to to place everything into perspective. However, I agree that it can be misinterpreted. So...

For the record: Although my phone carrier (T-Mobile) tolerates customized ROMs on my Android phone. it is a totally different story when it comes to cable modems. Over the years, I never tweaked any of my cable modems... but I do like to be able to "see the stats" (blame it on my engineering background