spc
uniqs

planet
join:2001-11-05
Oz

planet to haroldo

to haroldo

Re: [iPad] Restore iPad

Thank you for the response. So, basically there is no difference if backing up to I Cloud or I Tunes except for time stamps. I guess if you get more than 5GBs of data then I Tunes would be preferable since it's free versus paying for more cloud space over 5GBs.

Curious, I see what is backed up on I Cloud, but what about the operating system itself? How is that restored? On a PC, the OS is either reinstalled or an image is stored for back up on the HDD from the factory. How is this managed on an I Pad?

haroldo
join:2004-01-16
USA

haroldo

Don't know, I clicked a button and everything was there. that's all I care about.

Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

Thinkdiff to planet

MVM,

to planet
The OS restore and user data restore are decoupled.

You always have to initiate the software restore from a PC/Mac. It will download the latest version of iOS if you don't already have it on your computer and then restore the OS on the iPad from that image.

When the iPad starts up, it'll give you the option of restoring your user data from iCloud or iTunes.

planet
Oz

planet

Might be making this way too complicated. My PC is a Win 7 64 bit so would I install I-Tunes 32 or 64 bit version? and if I install the 64 bit version does that impact the download and install of iOS which I believe is 32 bit?

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious

Premium Member

Your iPad will get the correct version of firmware regardless if you're running 32-bit or 64-bit iTunes...

planet
Oz

planet

Thanks for the responses. I'm new to I-Pad so somewhat of a learning curve for me. Lovin it so far.