Lurch77
Premium Member
join:2001-11-22
Green Bay, WI

Lurch77 to iknow

Premium Member

to iknow

Re: Wheel-drive vs Track-drive vs Tractor-mounted Snow Blowers

What's so impressive about that? It's not doing anything any other snow blower couldn't do, tracked or wheeled.
XXXXXXXXXXX1
Premium Member
join:2006-01-11
Beverly Hills, CA

XXXXXXXXXXX1

Premium Member

said by Lurch77:

What's so impressive about that? It's not doing anything any other snow blower couldn't do, tracked or wheeled.

Truthfully, I've seen video of the track-drive snowblowers, but always on relatively flat land. I'd like to see a video of one blowing up and down a steep driveway. For all the marketing hype, I'd like to see the performance when the rubber hits the road. For all I've seen, my AWD with a blower might perform just as well/poorly... tough to say without seeing it firsthand.
XXXXXXXXXXX1

XXXXXXXXXXX1 to Lurch77

Premium Member

to Lurch77
Found one video of hillside use of a track snowblower:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· xhnH3iQs

Msradell
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
Louisville, KY

Msradell

Premium Member

That's the deal really isn't very impressive. Going uphill he wasn't blowing any snow, he was only following the path he made going downhill. In addition the ground is very loose and easy to get traction on, a regular snow blower with chains would do just as well!

garys_2k
Premium Member
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI

garys_2k

Premium Member

said by Msradell:

That's the deal really isn't very impressive. Going uphill he wasn't blowing any snow, he was only following the path he made going downhill.

That's the way to do it. Blow the snow on the way down, when gravity is helping you improve traction, and let it carry its weight only back up, when the traction you do have on the slippery surface already has plenty to do.