share rss forum feed

lugnut

@look.ca

1 edit
reply to XCOM

Re: Why oh why so many updates? Why I "like" Ubuntu

said by XCOM:

said by Snakeoil:

And I find it nothing like, or close to Microsoft.

Click and go... click and go...

If you prefer to run your desktop from a CLI might I suggest a C64 or an Apple IIE or even DOS 5.1? If you need to muiltitask, you could even run Desqview

I'm old enough to remember when Linux was simply Linux and ran from a couple of floppies. And a heartless, kludgy, unforgiving bitch of an OS it was too.

I make no apologies for using a *buntu. It's NOT M$ and it gets the job done as easily as possible. That's WHY computers were invented in the first place. To make difficult jobs easier

XCOM
digitalnUll
Premium
join:2002-06-10
Spring, TX
Reviews:
·ObiVoice
·flowroute
·Comcast
·voip.ms
·Callcentric

said by lugnut :

said by XCOM:

said by Snakeoil:

And I find it nothing like, or close to Microsoft.

Click and go... click and go...

If you prefer to run your desktop from a CLI might I suggest a C64 or an Apple IIE or even DOS 5.1? If you need to muiltitask, you could even run Desqview

I'm old enough to remember when Linux was simply Linux and ran from a couple of floppies. And a heartless, kludgy, unforgiving bitch of an OS it was too.

I make no apologies for using a *buntu. It's NOT M$ and it gets the job done as easily as possible. That's WHY computers were invented in the first place. To make difficult jobs easier

Linux is not about running a terminal. You only assumed that.
When I say click and go I mean they give you the power to work the terminal. Learn how to grow from a user to your own administrator.
--
[nUll@dcypher ~]$