spc
uniqs

rebus9
join:2002-03-26
Tampa Bay

rebus9 to Smith6612

to Smith6612

Re: Higher DSL speeds?

It's just a DHCP pool previously used for DSL, now being used for FIOS. I've seen it happen many times.

And you are correct, Verizon wants to rid itself of everything copper, including DSL.

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY
·Charter
Ubee EU2251
Ubiquiti UAP-IW-HD
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-AC-HD

1 edit

Smith6612

MVM

Thought so. Seems they re-assign the IPs to different systems but don't change the rDNS right away.

Verizon just turned up LTE in this area where before it was spotty at my home, so I hope that they complete their FiOS build-out where I am before they decide to shut off DSL which is already running at 5M/768k at the moment and still running well. I won't be going to LTE for my Internet when they do!
MARK4386m1
join:2011-06-22

MARK4386m1 to rebus9

to rebus9
If there going to be shuttering all copper and dsl customers they better have fios to replace it if not there asking for war

rebus9
join:2002-03-26
Tampa Bay

rebus9

said by MARK4386m1:

If there going to be shuttering all copper and dsl customers they better have fios to replace it if not there asking for war

Yeah, but it's a war they can certainly $afford to fight.
HarryH3
Premium Member
join:2005-02-21

HarryH3 to MARK4386m1

Premium Member

to MARK4386m1
said by MARK4386m1:

War with who? Here in Texas, the PUC has ZERO interest in the DSL side of Verizon's business. That makes it pretty difficult to exert any type of pressure on the V.