uniqs
share rss forum feed

Taylortbb
Premium
join:2007-02-18
Kitchener, ON
reply to XNemesis

Re: [Cable] Faster Cable tiers?

From what I've heard (but I haven't confirmed this myself) they'll only come after TekSavvy switches to aggregated. Which is in progress but an expensive and complex transition. I think still waiting on the CRTC relating to interconnect pricing.
--
Taylor Byrnes

creed3020
Premium
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
That sounds correct. It has obviously been some time since those hearings at the CRTC but I do remember that being the outcome.

It does make sense from a network topology perspective and provides an incentive for providers to with the APOI.

I'm perfectly happy with my 28/1 and the only thing I would like is more upload which by the looks of things will be here before Christmas.

mlord

join:2006-11-05
Nepean, ON
kudos:13
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
said by creed3020:

That sounds correct. It has obviously been some time since those hearings at the CRTC but I do remember that being the outcome.

It does make sense from a network topology perspective and provides an incentive for providers to with the APOI

And unfortunately it would also mean routing all Teksavvy traffic through the Rogers equipment that is used to spy on and throttle Rogers customers. Guess what the odds are of those same things happening to Teksavvy customers afterward.

yyzUnderdog
Premium
join:2001-11-24
Mississauga, ON
reply to creed3020
said by creed3020:

I'm perfectly happy with my 28/1 and the only thing I would like is more upload which by the looks of things will be here before Christmas.

I am in the same camp - my download speed is fine. Its upload that gets swamped. When you say things will get here before Christmas - what do you mean? I haven't been following this development.

Thanks.
--
-Tim

creed3020
Premium
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
Well Rogers is getting their network into shape for this through enabling channel bonding on their cable nods. D3 modems can take advantage of this to provide further upstream. There are already many Rogers customers who have gotten the higher upload speeds or just asked for it! »Rogers Upstream Bonding

Once Rogers rolls it out officially to their clients and updates their products TPIAs will also likely get the bump as it is Rogers that pushes the upgrades out. My guess so far as been that with so many reports of different areas of Ontario getting upstream bonding that ability to roll out the higher speeds can't be too too far away.

funny0

join:2010-12-22
reply to mlord
said by mlord:

said by creed3020:

It does make sense from a network topology perspective and provides an incentive for providers to with the APOI

And unfortunately it would also mean routing all Teksavvy traffic through the Rogers equipment that is used to spy on and throttle Rogers customers. Guess what the odds are of those same things happening to Teksavvy customers afterward.

hence why you dont buy into it PERIOD