spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

firmware

@bell.ca
reply to TheZandrew

Re: Speedtouch.ca not so honorable as it turns out...

Yeah that's a terrible response from him, but in his defense I don't think it's just his firmware that has issues. It's not fair to say he's intentionally posting bad firmware.
When Technicolor sent us updated firmware for the 585v7 we had the same issue. Looking at that site it looks like ours was even newer but still had the same bug (we're on 8.2.7.7, speedtouch.ca has 8.2.4.B).

Our solution was to have Technicolor just disable WPS, you can do the same thing by running ":wireless wps config state=disabled" and ":saveall" through the CLI. You can make that persist through a reset if you copy your user.ini to isp.def.

upsidedown

@utoronto.ca
said by damir52:

it was left by the door while it was snowing last year, box was a little wet, and i was like damn, dude ............

Never had electronics arrive in the winter that's not double wrapped with plastic. That's a pretty shoddy job if you asked me.

said by firmware :

Yeah that's a terrible response from him, but in his defense I don't think it's just his firmware that has issues. It's not fair to say he's intentionally posting bad firmware.

Maybe not intentionally posting bad firmware, but not taking it down once knowing its bad, doesn't that prove his intentions?

To the OP, thanks for the heads up. I will be buying a TP-Link from a reputable place.