share rss forum feed

captokita
Premium
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC

1 recommendation

reply to Octavean

Re: Batman: The Dark Knight Returns: Part 1

Just bought this on Amazon, and you get a free rental of it when you buy it so you can watch it right away....

AWESOME!!!! Voices aside, this was a far, far, darker Batman, and I now can't wait for #2. I'm happy I bought it, as I know I'll watch it again.

Though one thing that was kinda funny/odd/make-you-go-huh?

Bat-tank? Seriously, like you couldn't follow that thing back to the cave! Kinda hard to miss it! Sheesh.

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
kudos:1
reply to Octavean

After seeing “Batman: The Dark Knight Returns: Part 1” I now realize how much “The Dark Knight Rises” seems to barrow from the common original work.

One scene that was in both movies was Batman’s strafing bullet dodging move from left to right in the shadows,….where he is only seen from muzzle flash.

Having said that, given that “Batman: The Dark Knight Returns: Part 1” attempted to be faithful to the original work and succeeds in doing so, I’ll give it the nod over “The Dark Knight Rises”. I also think Christian Bale’s voice acting as the Bat was almost laughable and barely intelligible,…. Tom Hardy as Bane in terms of voice acting wasn’t much better IMO as it just seemed wrong for the character. A visually stunning and well done movie overall though,…

So I think Peter Weller did a very good job comparatively speaking,…

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY
reply to Octavean

Part 2 is now out!

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

1 recommendation

Good to know thanks. I just added it to my Netflix Queue,...

MikeJrod

join:2001-03-14
Milwaukee, WI

Just watched Part 2. Worth the wait. Really well done; stuck to the graphic novel as closely as I think any retelling in a different media can do. I watched both parts back to back, which made it even more fun to watch.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH

1 edit
reply to Octavean

I just looked for this on Netflix and was unable to find it. We have Netflix streaming only.

I guess I could look at the blockbuster/dish site and see if they have the disk.
Blockbuster/dish have both disks. They are now in my queue.
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

beavercable
Premium
join:2008-05-11
Beaverton, OR
reply to Octavean

Part 2 was epic.