share rss forum feed

saillaw
Premium
join:2007-05-08
Dismay
kudos:2
reply to Immer

Re: Theramore's Fall Unlocked Today, September 17th

Well I don't like to be the guy who is knocking everything, but I must say I am really underwhelmed by this "event". It took me and two guildees about 10 min to clear it. The loot is 384ilvl (except I just got fireworks), most not even xmog worthy, and you get a new tabbard. That's it.

I ran it a second time and it took about 7 min.

I have no desire to do it again.

Wow, what a let down.
--
/)_/)
( . . )
C(")(")

JoelC707
Premium
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL
kudos:5

Are they doing their "no rolls looting" thing on this or is that still to come?

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA
reply to saillaw

Fun fact: you can grind it forever for VP at level 90! Enjoy!

The general reports are "well this is lame". At least its only a week.

Though I do think their excuse is valid. "would you rather resources be directed at level 90 content, or 1 week of level 85 content?"

And they have a bad track record from my previous experiences:

I wasn't around for pre-BC events. What even happened then (Seriously, I don't know)

The zombie invasion blew goats, because I was trying to hit 70 before Wrath and kept getting gibbed in cities.

The pre-Cata event was pretty dumb. The elementals thing was annoying farming, and the Twilight Cult was only important for a 4 boss raid instance.

Lothario

join:2009-09-30
Ottawa, ON

Gates of anh quiraj was the best except for the lag and constant world crashing.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3

I wanted more of the book in there.

And to the argument about it being only 85 content, next week this scenario will be a lvl90 one so they should have put more in it.

Skittles
Premium
join:2011-03-31
reply to Immer

Well I ran this last night ( on my rogue)with a PUG, 5 min queue. This seemed fairly unimagined, lackluster with no real feel that you are doing anything more than a glorified group quest.

I took my PUG about 10 minutes to run, we had to go on a cliff to grab the Gatesmasher as it was bugged. Final Warlord was a joke.

Tabard: meh very plain, looks like a bed sheet with an anchor on it.

Fireworks reward was even less gratifying. Ran it second time with another PUG, it took longer because the mage in our group was apparently busy eating lead paint chips and the hunter didnt realize that his pet would be useful.

JPs are nice, but basically I see this as a thing to do when you have 30 minutes for lunch and you want to grab some quick JPs, eat a Hot Pocket and still have time for a satisfying shit.

clawfury

join:2012-02-14
Rochester, MI
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by Skittles:

Well I ran this last night ( on my rogue)with a PUG, 5 min queue. This seemed fairly unimagined, lackluster with no real feel that you are doing anything more than a glorified group quest.

I took my PUG about 10 minutes to run, we had to go on a cliff to grab the Gatesmasher as it was bugged. Final Warlord was a joke.

Tabard: meh very plain, looks like a bed sheet with an anchor on it.

Fireworks reward was even less gratifying. Ran it second time with another PUG, it took longer because the mage in our group was apparently busy eating lead paint chips and the hunter didnt realize that his pet would be useful.

JPs are nice, but basically I see this as a thing to do when you have 30 minutes for lunch and you want to grab some quick JPs, eat a Hot Pocket and still have time for a satisfying shit.

This was about my experience. Did it with a couple of other DSLR folks (Immer, Scaith, etc.) several times - took no more than 10 minutes, that's the easiest possible JP you can get.

Mike
Premium,Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Immer

That was it? Seriously? I could solo the damn thing.

I apologize for the minor inconvenience to the developer that burned 15 minutes of their day making it.
--
"If something about the human body disgusts you, complain to the manufacturer" - Lenny Bruce
What this country needs is a good five dollar plasma weapon.

captokita
Premium
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC
reply to Immer

Ran it a couple of times last night with my guildies. I ran my rogue, a shammy, and hunter, and blew through it in short order. All I got was a pack of fireworks....... ugh.

Switched to my bear, ran with 2 mages, and we cleared it even faster the 2nd time around, and I got Rok'nah Skirmisher's Helm. Better than fireworks.

So you can run this repeatedly on the same toon? I thought it was a once a day thing.

captokita
Premium
Calabash, NC
reply to Immer

Oh yeah, while running this, I realized they enjoy destroying Alliance towns/cities. Last x-pac we lost Southshore, Menethril Harbor is flooded, Stormwind is damaged. Now Theramore? What have the Horde lost?

Skittles
Premium

said by captokita:

What have the Horde lost?

The ability to stand up straight (for most of them anyhow....)

mettachain
Goblineer

join:2011-09-27
Azeroth
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

said by Skittles:

said by captokita:

The Sin'dorei will prevail!
--
If you find the information in my post helpful or interesting, please throw me a Kudos. Thanks!

Skittles
Premium

said by mettachain:

Racist propaganda

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to captokita

said by captokita:

Honor, pride, self respect.

per the book
the horde attack lost and the mana bomb was just a cowardly (even admitted by the tauren) method.

They lost and ran with their tails between their legs then dropped the mana bomb

Skittles
Premium
reply to Immer

on another note concerning the event, I havent seen any of the loot drops (other than the afore mentioned fireworks), can anyone link or post pics of loot...is any of it worth pursuing for tmog purposes?

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to mettachain

said by mettachain:

said by Skittles:

said by captokita:

trader to the Kirin Tor
That Sin'dorei member of the kirin Tor betrayed Rhoein and all of the Kirin Tor and then ran off like a coward

how much of that is in the horde side of the event?

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to DarkLogix

I suppose Dark. Is that what it says?

Did the US lose against Japan when we dropped two "mana" bombs on them? Did we tuck and run? You don't create something like that to use only in a "cowardly manner."
--
If you find the information in my post helpful or interesting, please throw me a Kudos. Thanks!

Skittles
Premium

said by mettachain:

You don't create something like that to use only in a "cowardly manner."

In context I supppose you do. Creating an item that will annihilate a whole (or great percentage) of a population of a city in an unprovoked attack is not per the Horde Code of Honor. I dont play Horde but I have always thought that orcs, trolls and tauren have had a honor code....dropping a bomb doesnt seem to go with that code. Just my opinion.

Mike
Premium,Mod
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to DarkLogix

Here is the horde side;

Plant bombs on 5 ships, kill some random trash mobs with 40k hp. Kill some tank thing, blow up other tanks. Kill the guy in charge of the Barracks. Loot key, free the spy, teleport to orgrimmar. Cut screen to Goblin airship bombing Theramore. End.

Yes. That's all there is.
--
"If something about the human body disgusts you, complain to the manufacturer" - Lenny Bruce
What this country needs is a good five dollar plasma weapon.

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth

Did you need to "spoiler" blackout content that is live?

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
reply to Mike

maybe on disc priest, on my warrior, it was touch and go if i pulled too many

Mike
Premium,Mod
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to mettachain

For a brand new world event where there is a trend of spoilers tag sure. Preference really.

Snape kills Dumbledore

Ginjer
Premium
join:2009-08-14
Honolulu, HI
reply to Immer

Let me get this right though. What you guys are saying is that we can do this repeatedly for JP? How many do you get per run? Is it better than running heroics over and over (with the ques around 15 minutes per)?

I know it is easy fromt he sounds of it, but with four toons left to get to at least IL 384 or so, I would prefer to utilize the easiest method.
--
Genjer (85 Goblin Death Knight), Jinnjer (85 Troll Druid), Ginjer (85 Orc Hunter), Taeble (85 Goblin Mage), Westernsteer (85 Tauren Paladin), Jinnjer (85 Goblin Rogue), Potable (85 Goblin Priest), Sunlock (85 Orc Warlock), Dalishaman (85 Orc Shaman) MG/H

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to Skittles

Unprovoked attacked or not. The Horde attacked with the usual ballistas, spears, overwhelming numbers, etc. at Theramore.

The Horde followed Hellscream to Twilight Highlands and forced themselves upon the Dragonmaw. The Horde followed Hellscream to Theramore and attacked the Alliance...unprovoked (except to push the last major Alliance stonghold from Kalimdor).

It is Garrosh's arrogant, power hungry, warmongering that started this all, but the Horde agreed to follow the "Warchief" and therefore this code of honor, at least in strategic and operational wargaming, seems to be out the window. It's a "win at all costs" and the rest of Horde are not innocent bystanders while Garrosh orders the destruction of the Alliance with a side of mana-bomb.
--

Skittles
Premium

said by mettachain:

It is Garrosh's arrogant, power hungry, warmongering that started this all, but the Horde agreed to follow the "Warchief" and therefore this code of honor, at least in strategic and operational wargaming, seems to be out the window. It's a "win at all costs" and the rest of Horde are not innocent bystanders while Garrosh orders the destruction of the Alliance with a side of mana-bomb.

This I see your point of view. But again I say, I dont think this jibes with the the Horde code of honor, this progression of the storyline seems odd alomost analogous with 1930/40s Germany. This is definitely not the Horde of Cairne, Vol'Jin and Thrall.

Lastly, just because a group (or horde) is complicit in their leaders actions it doesnt make it any less cowardly.

captokita
Premium
Calabash, NC
reply to mettachain

said by mettachain:

Did you need to "spoiler" blackout content that is live?

Not everyone has seen it yet, so yeah, it's a nice touch to put spoiler tags on it.

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to Skittles

i don't think it's cowardly. obviously they did not lack the courage to endure this dangerous endeavor. They were more barbaric, bellicose, combative, contentious, destructive.

Basically, I'm picking at one word here. Cowardice is not the correct word to describe the Horde at Theramore.
--

Skittles
Premium

1 recommendation

Attacking an unprovoked population with the intent of completely eradicating them just because they live on the same continent with you and they are not of your race, even in the face of a leader that has gone to great lengths to promote and broker peace is in my book nothing but cowardly and samcks of totalitarian fascism....again not at all what the Horde has stood for in the past. If anything Orcs know how it feels to be the objects of unfounded racism (someone stop me I'm actually supporting Horde's code of honor)

I guess we can just disagree that is fine.

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

i'm not disputing that it goes against the Horde's honor code however i like that the horde is getting some retribution for Camp Turajo in the Barrens.

Garrosh just doesn't want the Alliance's foot in the door on Kalimdor anymore. It's position in regards to the rest of the continent is key terrain with access to almost anywhere on the eastern seaboard. Too close for comfort to Thunderbluff and a hop, skip, and a jump from Orgrimmar.

Now to take care of Darkshore.
--

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
reply to Ginjer

you get 175 jp i believe there ginjer and yes you can do it over and over unfortunately the que time vary from 5 min to an hour depending on server demand, my hunter got the marine rifle last night, a fire mage and i 2 manned it when the other hunter bailed, took us over an hour, my hunter barely has 353 ilvl , so the gun was a big upgrade. still trying to get my shammy either the shield or the staff.
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
If you say you burned my map, I'll nail your tits to the table!