Skittles
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31

Skittles to mettachain

Premium Member

to mettachain

Re: Theramore's Fall Unlocked Today, September 17th

said by mettachain:

i'm not disputing that it goes against the Horde's honor code ..

ah well, there you go. That is exactly what I am disputing. The original discussion was whether using a bomb was cowardly, IMO it was as it goes against the Horde's established code of Honor (for reasons I already stated). I think as MoP progresses the Horde will see this and will seek to eliminate the cause of this, namely Garrosh.

Why Thrall or Vol'jin doesnt step in and remove Garrosh after Theramore is beyond me...but I guess if they did there would be no storyline for MoP.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to mettachain

Premium Member

to mettachain
said by mettachain:

Garrosh just doesn't want the Alliance's foot in the door on Kalimdor anymore. It's position in regards to the rest of the continent is key terrain with access to almost anywhere on the eastern seaboard. Too close for comfort to Thunderbluff and a hop, skip, and a jump from Orgrimmar.

Garrosh is still seeking redemptive glory for his lineage. he's blinded by his own ambition. He is the consummate griefer.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie to Skittles

Premium Member

to Skittles
said by Skittles:

said by mettachain:

i'm not disputing that it goes against the Horde's honor code ..

Why Thrall or Vol'jin doesnt step in and remove Garrosh after Theramore is beyond me...but I guess if they did there would be no storyline for MoP.

I agree with this, they both could go all "Dragonmaw" to throw Garrosh from the big chair but the whole conflict theme fro MoP would be gone.

Mike
Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA

Mike

Mod

Garrosh is the end boss in MoP?

You don't say?

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

1 recommendation

mettachain

I'm not a fan of Garrosh, as he's a bigger douche than even I am.

I can't wait for the Seige of Orgrimmar raid where I can take his head off.

Mike
Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA

Mike

Mod

I don't suspect alliance will do too well in that instance.

It took me 2 weeks to learn that layout and undercity (kind of).

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

OMG I hate trying to navigate horde towns... /eyegouge

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie to Mike

Premium Member

to Mike
said by Mike:

Well Garrosh's office is just straight from the main entrance. On previous patches it was harder to get to Thrall.

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain to Immer

to Immer
lolwut? IF and SW are waaaaaay worse to navigate. I couldn't wrap my head around SW until I had a flying mount and could see the different colored rooftops....I'm still looking at the map every 150 yds in IF though.

Skittles
Premium Member

Skittles to Mike

Premium Member

to Mike
said by Mike:

2 weeks to learn a wagon wheel design?
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

cymraeg

Premium Member

undercity sucks balls not to navigate but to run around, go down these stairs go out that hallway run halfway around the place to the rogues quarter, run back to FP its just a big pita

Skittles
Premium Member

Skittles

Premium Member

/agreed.

I was just jerking his chain...

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia to Skittles

to Skittles
said by Skittles:

said by mettachain:

It is Garrosh's arrogant, power hungry, warmongering that started this all, but the Horde agreed to follow the "Warchief" and therefore this code of honor, at least in strategic and operational wargaming, seems to be out the window. It's a "win at all costs" and the rest of Horde are not innocent bystanders while Garrosh orders the destruction of the Alliance with a side of mana-bomb.

This I see your point of view. But again I say, I dont think this jibes with the the Horde code of honor, this progression of the storyline seems odd alomost analogous with 1930/40s Germany. This is definitely not the Horde of Cairne, Vol'Jin and Thrall.

Lastly, just because a group (or horde) is complicit in their leaders actions it doesnt make it any less cowardly.

Vol'jin is honorable but he is also the most brilliant military tactician the Horde has. Seriously, he'll disagree with the way it was accomplished, probably vehemently, but he won't argue with the results from a cost and effect slant. That said, he still won't agree with the way it was carried out but certainly will have a hard time displacing the reason and effectiveness of the campaign.

saillaw
Premium Member
join:2007-05-08
Dismay

saillaw to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
At least the Alliance cities are all 1d, it's the 3d part of Org, under city, and TB that make them so confusing IMHO.

And as for the transmog value of the new drops, virtually none, all reskins of lvl20ish greens.

The whole thing really feels as if the designers were just checking a box with the bare minimum required effort.

Suniojii
join:2009-10-31
Lakeside, CA

Suniojii

IMHO the Theramore's Fail scenario was really, really dumb. Lame cutscene at the end and worthless loot that would have been obsolete months ago much less a week from Xpac. The only purpose I guess is to just do it for time which does not appeal to me at all.

Venom14
join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA

Venom14 to Jobbie

to Jobbie
said by Jobbie:

said by Mike:

Well Garrosh's office is just straight from the main entrance. On previous patches it was harder to get to Thrall.

you obviously never tried the back door. Thrall's chamber's were closer to that gate than Garrosh's is to the front door.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer to Suniojii

Premium Member

to Suniojii
I still need to run 5 more toons through...

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie to Venom14

Premium Member

to Venom14
said by Venom14:

said by Jobbie:

said by Mike:

you obviously never tried the back door. Thrall's chamber's were closer to that gate than Garrosh's is to the front door.

Exactly, never played alliance before and whenever I saw a Thrall raid they would all come from the front entrance coming from Razor Hill that way is longer than it is today

Skittles
Premium Member

Skittles to Adalicia

Premium Member

to Adalicia
said by Adalicia:

Seriously, he'll disagree with the way it was accomplished, probably vehemently, but he won't argue with the results from a cost and effect slant. That said, he still won't agree with the way it was carried out but certainly will have a hard time displacing the reason and effectiveness of the campaign.

That isnt what I get from his reaction at all. After, he learns of Garroash's true intent and the mana bomb he is disgusted, he leaves for Echo Isles and is not happy with the use of a mana bomb to the point that he begins to question his continued support of Garrosh.

Whether something is Militarily sound does not mean it is honorable and above being revolted by it, enough to distance yourself from the perpetrator due to a breech of one's moral ethic....honestly you cant argue with Hitler's military strategy in taking Poland or even the more recently the use but chemical warfare in modern battles but those events cause one's allies to abhor your tactics and withdraw support.

More than likely I envision him being the one that directly helps kill Garrosh in the final Raid of MoP much like Trion with the Lich King.

as he has already stated that he "will be there to end Garrosh´s rule swiftly and silently."

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia

You're parroting shit I was saying two years ago. Lore nerd, remember? Never said he'd approve, in fact, said he'd argue against it vehemently, look it up if it slipped by, but from a cost and effect standpoint, something that Vol'jin is a master of understanding, even if he is disgusted by it he can appreciate (for lack of better word) the results.

Vol'jin and Cairne were and are the two most honor bound centric figures in the Horde, I don't need a lession in how they think or thought. You can appreciate the effectiveness of something while still disagreeing with it and from a tactical standpoint this is a fine example. Does the end justify the means? No, but you want the major Alliance foothold removed, its strategic value difficult to really describe, and you want to do so with the least amount of cost to you.
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar to Immer

to Immer
said by Immer:

I still need to run 5 more toons through...

Just remember this is an account wide achievement, you just need to run it on one toon and all your toons (level 85) will get the feat of str..

I got bored on my second toon, that's my lowbie geared lock, hoping for some gear, I guess I keep running heroics/LFRs instead (too little too late maybe)

Caelharrad
join:2012-04-13
Fenton, MO

Caelharrad to Suniojii

to Suniojii
said by Suniojii:

IMHO the Theramore's Fail scenario was really, really dumb. Lame cutscene at the end and worthless loot that would have been obsolete months ago much less a week from Xpac. The only purpose I guess is to just do it for time which does not appeal to me at all.

Agreed that the scenario was pretty lackluster; run around, kill some stuff... kill some more stuff... grab a flag, kill this tank, et cetera. The cutscenes weren't particularly well-done, the overall feel was less "HOLY CRAP THERAMORE IS UNDER ATTACK YOU MUST FIGHT TO SURVIVE", and more, "we have semi-randomly placed several dozen mobs within Theramore, please leisurely walk around and kill a few if it pleases you".
I do disagree with your point about "worthless/obsolete loot", however. First off, there are going to be some freshly dinged L85 alts running this - for them, a ilvl 384 purple is an upgrade. Secondly - for as easy as this scenario is - would you WANT it to grant loot that was equal to raid gear? In my opinion, having this scenario grant ilvl 384 gear is FAR too generous. I would have thought that going with ivl around 346 or 359 would have been plenty - especially if the gear had some awesome new look that would have made it attractive for transmogging.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer to Adalicia

Premium Member

to Adalicia
said by Adalicia:

Vol'jin and Cairne were and are the two most honor bound centric figures in the Horde

I respect the tauren as kindred spirits... the trolls... I have respect for them, but it's like the respect you give a grizzly bear.
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar to Caelharrad

to Caelharrad
The loot is "generous" because you'll have to run this dozens of times, maybe hundreds to get all the loot you want, Vs. 2-3 runs of the heroics... you'll end up with hundreds of flares at the end and awful looking gear (they don't even make an effort to make it look cool)

Skittles
Premium Member

Skittles to Adalicia

Premium Member

to Adalicia
said by Adalicia:

You're parroting shit I was saying two years ago. Lore nerd, remember? Never said he'd approve, in fact, said he'd argue against it vehemently, look it up if it slipped by, but from a cost and effect standpoint, something that Vol'jin is a master of understanding, even if he is disgusted by it he can appreciate (for lack of better word) the results.

Vol'jin and Cairne were and are the two most honor bound centric figures in the Horde, I don't need a lession in how they think or thought. You can appreciate the effectiveness of something while still disagreeing with it and from a tactical standpoint this is a fine example. Does the end justify the means? No, but you want the major Alliance foothold removed, its strategic value difficult to really describe, and you want to do so with the least amount of cost to you.

First of all, take a damn chill pill. Second I know who you are on this board and am well aware of your Lore Nerd status.

I wasnt parroting shit nor was I lecturing you. I was disagreeing with your assessment. Just because you are a lore nerd doesnt not make you nigh above being engaged in a disagreement about Vol'Jin ...get the fuck over yourself.

I specically stated in my reply (dont want this to slip by) that while something may be strategic does not make it above insulting a person's (or in this case a Troll's) moral code to the point where his support of your actions would dwindle.

Yes, does Horde want the foothold gone? Yes. Does Vol'jin want this at the cost of his honor ?(using a mana bomb to try and kill those who show up to help is akin to a terrorist setting off a secondary bomb on first responders)...I say the answer is no. Time will prove whether I am wrong about this, but I think I am not.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia

The irony of telling me to chill and following it up with all that is so deliciously decadent that it could be drizzled over pancakes. I'll respond in full once I'm at home and not trying to accomplish this via my phone.
Expand your moderator at work

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

Re: Theramore's Fall Unlocked Today, September 17th

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· ft0Kg-Ok

Shit now I'm hungry.

Wait, its lunch break time?

IHOP OR BUST

Skittles
Premium Member

Skittles

Premium Member

LOL

Suniojii
join:2009-10-31
Lakeside, CA

Suniojii to Immer

to Immer
I do like my mini mana bomb from though. I guess it was somewhat worth 10mins of time.