how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ruggs

join:2012-03-26
Ontario
reply to Mont

Re: [Internet] Upcoming Bell infrastructure changes?

no, the VSEMs only allow 48 extra ports, so its possible, but not likely to happen

Mont

join:2006-05-02
Saint-Leonard, QC
Thanks , don't they have though a greater ability to offer faster speeds ?

ruggs

Ontario
I believe the 7330s are capable of higher frequencies, as it was explained to me is that oslams were sort of incomplete, where as the 7330's are the real deal

HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet

join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON
kudos:5
reply to ruggs
said by ruggs:

Yes that would be good, i think these would be good in areas where endcaps are used, I dislike some endcaps

Endcaps? What is an Endcap?
--
MNSi Internet - »www.mnsi.net

Mont

join:2006-05-02
Saint-Leonard, QC
So then they might move people to the VSEM's to get faster speed and change the oslam for VSEM's.

ruggs

Ontario
reply to HeadSpinning
end cap is a type of plant use in the field, just like pole fed and ped fed, only thing with end cap is that its not always accessible, sometimes its underground and the runs aren't always direct, not so good for iptv

LazMan
Premium
join:2003-03-26
canada
reply to HeadSpinning
said by HeadSpinning:

said by ruggs:

Yes that would be good, i think these would be good in areas where endcaps are used, I dislike some endcaps

Endcaps? What is an Endcap?

Encap, actually; not endcap... Encapsulated Splices - they're buried, not in a ped or cross-box; so there's no way to swing pairs, etc. without fairly major work.

Pretty common in some subdivisions - they'll roll out the feeder for the street or area, with drops already spliced in - quick and easy to deploy; complete pain in the ass to go back into later...

HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet

join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON
kudos:5
I knew - I just wanted to see if HE knew

Forest Glade in Windsor is all ENCAPSulated plant.. but has no endcaps

Just like people referring to a DE-MARK... which is a DEMARCation point.
--
MNSi Internet - »www.mnsi.net

maxboha

join:2012-05-12
reply to BrianV
By the end of 2015, the CRTC expects all Canadians to have access to broadband speeds of at least 5 megabits per second (Mbps) for downloads and 1 Mbps for uploads.

This is a joke.

LazMan
Premium
join:2003-03-26
canada
reply to HeadSpinning
said by HeadSpinning:

I knew - I just wanted to see if HE knew

My bad; been away from here for a bit; trolling meter must be on the fritz...

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to maxboha
said by maxboha:

By the end of 2015, the CRTC expects all Canadians to have access to broadband speeds of at least 5 megabits per second (Mbps) for downloads and 1 Mbps for uploads.

This is a joke.

The joke is that the rural areas will have these speeds, but they'll all be on wireless cell and will be ridiculously expensive as they are today, with piddly usage caps and extreme overcharges.
--
GO BLUE JAYS!