spc
uniqs

Pesterd
@rogers.com

Pesterd to yyzlhr

Anon

to yyzlhr

Re: Rogers Upstream Bonding

I asked him multiple times about it (used chat).
Kept saying old ultimate stays as is and if I need 10mbps then it's $122.x
It was Alan something.
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

said by Pesterd :

I asked him multiple times about it (used chat).
Kept saying old ultimate stays as is and if I need 10mbps then it's $122.x
It was Alan something.

Call in and ask the rep to search "higher upstream available" in their knowledge base system. You can also see throughout this thread here, there are many individuals who have 10mbps up with the regular ultimate tier. Some of whom, got upgraded quite recently as well.

Pesterd
@rogers.com

Pesterd

Anon

That's what ticks me off.
A person can get that new thing in an instant whereas another person speaking to a different rep may not get that because he/she doesn't know anything about it.
Pesterd

Pesterd to yyzlhr

Anon

to yyzlhr
So I called in.

I have the SMC with 4x4. It's somehow not possible for me to get the new upload with my current modem. Since I bought my modem, I really can't switch it over that easily.

PS. for those that have no issue in getting the new ultimate, Oshawa has it. Call in and see if you can get it.
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

You can get 10mbps upload with no issues with the SMC with the regular ultimate package. You just can't get The New Ultimate package with the SMC because 4 bonded channels on the downstream can't reliably sustain 150mbps.

Pesterd
@rogers.com

Pesterd

Anon

Yep, that's what I wanted. Upload only. It did seem like he knew what he was talking about.
morpheus69
join:2006-04-17
canada

morpheus69 to Pesterd

to Pesterd
Where in Oshawa are you located?

Pesterd
@rogers.com

Pesterd

Anon

Harmony and Taunton.
morpheus69
join:2006-04-17
canada

morpheus69

Grandview and Taunton... fingers crossed we will see it soon.

glum
@rogers.com

glum to Pesterd

Anon

to Pesterd
my buddy just called to let me know he got the new upstream speed. he has the smc modem and is having no problems after quoting the product code.