spc
uniqs
Os
join:2011-01-26
US

Os to mech1164

to mech1164

Re: Oh well,

Verizon will eventually be in a world of hurt if wireless tanks. Let's face it, smartphone adoption is maturing, and data prices are in the stratosphere. The market is likely to bring those down, with T-Mobile going unlimited, and Sprint refusing to drop it.

I can't imagine anyone voluntarily signing up for Share Everything. Verizon is essentially double the cost of Sprint and T-Mobile now.

Maybe Verizon doesn't want customers at all.

aaronwt
Premium Member
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
Asus RT-AX89

aaronwt

Premium Member

said by Os:

Verizon will eventually be in a world of hurt if wireless tanks. Let's face it, smartphone adoption is maturing, and data prices are in the stratosphere. The market is likely to bring those down, with T-Mobile going unlimited, and Sprint refusing to drop it.

I can't imagine anyone voluntarily signing up for Share Everything. Verizon is essentially double the cost of Sprint and T-Mobile now.

Verizon Wireless(not Verizon) Certainly does not force anyone to use their shared plans. Anyone can walk and go to a different carrier. If I lose my unlimited with my LTE phone with Verizon Wireless, they won' be forcing me to a shared plan. I will just pick another carrier.
Os
join:2011-01-26
US

Os

But that's my point, any upgrades require you to move to a Share Everything in your Wallet plan, and I don't think anyone would voluntarily choose that.

No network is worth double the price. And VZW is doing just that now, forcing you to pay the unsubsidized price for a new phone to keep unlimited, or go to a gouging plan.

Verizon and Verizon Wireless may be separate companies, but clearly, they've shown which one they care about and expect to fuel their future growth.

mech1164
I'll Be Back
join:2001-11-19
Lodi, NJ

mech1164 to Os

to Os
said by Os:

That's what I did. I was on the Sprint sliver (450 min unlim text and data) after taxes and the 10 up charge for the smartphone with an 18% corp discount). I was near 90.00 per month.

I now have an unlocked Galaxy Nexus on Tmo with the 30.00 prepaid. It works great and have better service then I did with Sprint.

People are having to get creative and decide what they want. If FIOS keeps doing this then it's bye bye to.