join:2009-02-14
Cote Saint-Luc, QC
kudos:1
reply to XCOM

Re: Why oh why so many updates? Why I "like" Ubuntu

said by XCOM:

said by Maxo:

said by XCOM:

Ubuntu is a bastardized linux version of Microsoft.

said by XCOM:

I am not trolling

Posting an off topic criticism which can only lead to the degradation of the thread away from the help the user sought is trolling.

I am sorry but I fail to see how. It all started with this Ubuntu is better than Microsoft.

The correct answer is, the best OS is the one that's right for you. For lots of people, it's Windows, for many, it's Ubuntu, for others, it may be Slackware. And the OP was giving his opinion on why he finds Ubuntu is right for him.

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
kudos:5

This!

Not everyone is smart in the same things. And while I understand xcom's comments, and appreciate how he/she feels, it does seem afield of the OP's focus.

Look at cars. Some will say a car with an automatic tranny is not a real car. Whatev. The world is full of variety and any OS pluralistic enough to come in various distros to suite various types of people is a OS for me.
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.