share rss forum feed

sholling
Premium
join:2002-02-13
Hemet, CA
kudos:1
reply to PastTense

Re: If FIOS raises prices, why switch?

Once you have FiOS installed they cut the copper line and there is no going back to DSL so it's FiOS or cable from one of Verizon's partners in the cable business. Verizon has always had a policy of never competing on price - only on the quality of their services. They expect to charge premium prices for a best of breed service and now that the footprint expansion is over it's time to kick back and rake in the money. I don't mind paying for quality but will cut back on services rather than exceed my budget - I've reached the limit of what I'm willing to pay for TV and internet and will get by with lower speeds and fewer channels once my contract is up.

The price hikes are also the result of a cable/telecom duopoly acting in collusion to bring you higher prices for less service and it's only going to get worse as long as they are allowed to "partner" instead of being encouraged to compete. If there was actual competition cable wouldn't dare cap data and neither would dare raise prices.
--
"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
--FREDERIC BASTIAT--

N3OGH
Yo Soy Col. "Bat" Guano
Premium
join:2003-11-11
Philly burbs
kudos:2
I have Fios and I still have 2 copper lines running into my house.....
--
Petty people are disproportionally corrupted by petty power

sholling
Premium
join:2002-02-13
Hemet, CA
kudos:1
It's rare and has been. They let me keep copper phone lines with FiOS TV for a bit but once I went to fios internet and canceled phone service they cut the copper. I asked them not to but they did it anyway. It's SOP to cut the copper.
--
"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
--FREDERIC BASTIAT--