uniqs
share rss forum feed

bobrk
You kids get offa my lawn
Premium
join:2000-02-02
San Jose, CA
reply to dogma

Re: The Southern California Forum will be closing...

I wonder why this happened. I know some left because they thought things were over moderated, but I've never really felt it was a buig issue. Was moderating really that draconian?

Meta: Will my post be moderated for questioning moderation?

No_Strings
Premium,MVM,Ex-Mod 2008-13
join:2001-11-22
The OC
kudos:6
Mostly, people get busy with life and find other things to do. Facebook occupies a big chunk of time for a few former regulars, for example.

I'd like to see more activity here, but I think merging would do more to deter than promote.

PrntRhd
Premium
join:2004-11-03
Fairfield, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

said by No_Strings:

Mostly, people get busy with life and find other things to do. Facebook occupies a big chunk of time for a few former regulars, for example.

I'd like to see more activity here, but I think merging would do more to deter than promote.

I tend to agree, the problem was made worse by members wanting to fork off new forums for their own special interests. The weather forum was ok but actually pulled a few people from this forum.
Forums are always changing depending on the personalities of the people frequenting them. Of course it doesn't help when you lose special people. (Gary in this forum, & Dadkins in the NorCal forum.)
It won't be the same after something like that, but both forums wouldn't stay the same even if they had lived.