share rss forum feed

paintref
Look, I see stars

join:2003-02-21
Houston, TX
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

[Praise] Otterbox Customer Service..GREAT experience

I ordered a used Otterbox Defender case & holster from a 3rd party seller on Amazon.

Seller was quick to ship out said item, but when it arrived today, it only came with the case (the plastic shell and the silicone wrap, which goes around it), no holster to be found (It did not say in the listing the holster would not be included).

I proceeded to call otterbox to request a holster be sent to me and to my surprise, they are going to send me one, no questions asked.

Looks like otterbox have made a fan out of me, just based on their customer service and it looks for all my future case needs, I will be going to them.

ilikeme
I live in a van down by the river.
Premium
join:2002-08-27
Sugar Land, TX
kudos:1
They are great. I have had problems with my cases and they replace the parts no questions asked.

paintref
Look, I see stars

Houston, TX
reply to paintref
To Amazon's credit too, they did give me a 20% refund for the missing holster. So essentially, I am paying about $15 (Total was just over $19 and change) for a $50 case new.

Fir_Na_Tine
Giggity Giggity
Premium
join:2001-01-03
Sout Joisy
reply to paintref
Yeah they are good with customer service. I broke the Holster clip recently and they sent me another complete kit. From the time I sent the ticket in to response was less than a few hours too.
--
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix

removed
Premium,VIP
join:2002-02-08
Houston, TX
kudos:40
reply to paintref
I've broken over a dozen holsters on my Defenders over the years. Otterbox have offered to send me up to 3 holsters at a time (so I'm not without one when I break the replacement), all free of charge. I've also contacted them when they didn't have just the holsters in stock, so they sent over an entire retail pack case instead.

They really are awesome - but then again, when you're selling a case and holster that costs about $2 to produce for $30+, I'm sure it doesn't cost them anything at all to be awesome and helpful.
--
irc.removed.us - #dslr

Sober
Just Say No
Premium
join:2003-02-24
Crack House
reply to paintref
I too have had them send me a complete new otterbox.

I will be doing it again, as the extended battery on my nexus keeps breaking my otterbox open.

nocannothave

join:2006-10-14
Kennewick, WA
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to paintref
I love my Defender for a 4s, but the silicone cover slowly (quickly?) began to separate from the inner plastic case over about five months. They sent me a replacement, but I was bummed that it did that in the first place.

Basically, the corners were no longer tight, and the section of silicone near the home button no longer stayed down.

paintref
Look, I see stars

Houston, TX
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to removed
said by removed:

They really are awesome - but then again, when you're selling a case and holster that costs about $2 to produce for $30+, I'm sure it doesn't cost them anything at all to be awesome and helpful.

It is hard to find a company which will look after it's customers now. Wish more companies would follow the example of otterbox.

paintref
Look, I see stars

Houston, TX
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to paintref
Just a followup, I just got my item from otterbox today and I sure WAS not expecting them to send an ENTIRE defender case in the box (Which they did) after I just asked for a holster.

Not that I am complaining, it was just a pleasant surprise.

I suppose it is easier for them to ship out a new case rather than ship out the individual parts for it.

Santa Fe
Man is an animal that wants to exist.
Premium,Mod
join:2000-08-22
Freight Yard
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Mediacom
said by paintref:

Just a followup, I just got my item from otterbox today and I sure WAS not expecting them to send an ENTIRE defender case in the box (Which they did) after I just asked for a holster.

Not that I am complaining, it was just a pleasant surprise.

I suppose it is easier for them to ship out a new case rather than ship out the individual parts for it.

Would have been funny if this one was missing it's holster as well!
--
Explore Xubuntu. Like It? Install It. [Love It]!

paintref
Look, I see stars

Houston, TX
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
said by Santa Fe:

Thank god you said that AFTER I had got my case, otherwise, I would have asked you if you were trying to jinx me or something

Santa Fe
Man is an animal that wants to exist.
Premium,Mod
join:2000-08-22
Freight Yard
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Mediacom
said by paintref:

said by Santa Fe:

Thank god you said that AFTER I had got my case, otherwise, I would have asked you if you were trying to jinx me or something

Timing is Everything!
--
Explore Xubuntu. Like It? Install It. [Love It]!