spc
Search similar:

uniqs
fishacura
join:2008-01-25
Phoenixville, PA

fishacura

EPIX On Demand 3d question

I have a new 3D television. When I watch HBO on demand, the 3D works fine....it's that "slightly blurred image" which is exactly how my television converts 2d to 3d. However, I went to EPIX 3d and the feed had a split screen with one image on the left of the screen and one image on the right of the screen. I guess this is some completely different type of 3d??? Well my glasses (polarized passive) don't seem to understand this type and it was just blurry. Anyone know how to watch something from EPIX 3d in a different format?

TitusTroy
join:2009-06-18
New York, NY

TitusTroy

cable/sat providers use side-by-side (SBS) or top-and-bottom (TnB) for 3D content...you need to go into your TV's menu settings and choose the 3D option...with my previous cable provider (RCN) I had to manually do this for every 3D content but with FiOS it does it automatically

HBO 3D also uses SBS...ESPN 3D uses TnB

webcobbler
@verizon.net

webcobbler to fishacura

Anon

to fishacura
I did not know that EPIX had a 3D VOD section. I know that HBO and STARZ has 3D VOD. Was 3D EPIX recently added? Do you know if they do or will offer 3D movies like Thor etc... that are on the EPIX channels?
fishacura
Phoenixville, PA

fishacura

HBO for me is automatically the kind my set uses (that "blurred" image...not side by side or top bottom). Only EPIX is side by side and even my set options don't seem to change the feed. Weird!

TitusTroy
join:2009-06-18
New York, NY

TitusTroy

said by fishacura:

HBO for me is automatically the kind my set uses (that "blurred" image...not side by side or top bottom). Only EPIX is side by side and even my set options don't seem to change the feed. Weird!

your TV doesn't dictate what type of 3D signal the channel uses...the blurred image just means that the TV is already in 3D mode while the SBS or TnB means that you need to enable the 3D

anon
@verizon.net

anon to fishacura

Anon

to fishacura
Hit the fios tv button and select the option that matches the picture on your tv.
fishacura
Phoenixville, PA

fishacura

Success! Now I can watch attack of the 50 foot cheerleader in 3d lol! Actually, also a big plug for my new LG TV. It converts any show from 2D to 3D. Never thought I'd care but I have to say it's pretty cool and much more than the "novelty" I expected.