Premium Member
join:2003-07-06
Philippines

EliteData to optimumtv

Premium Member

to optimumtv

Re: new tv channel guide for sa8300?

what the big deal here ?
i mean really, who gives a sh_t about the new guide ?
are you going to watch the tv program or the guide on your television ?
i dont buy a car to watch it, i buy it so i can drive it.
Expand your moderator at work
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt to EliteData

to EliteData

Re: new tv channel guide for sa8300?

said by EliteData:

what the big deal here ?

The Onyx platform is more than just the interactive guide menu. I can't wait until it's on my boxes here.

I look forward to possible future upgrades, as I'm hoping they have aspirations to improve the slow & not user friendly VOD menus at some point.

EliteData
EliteData
Premium Member
Philippines

EliteData

Premium Member

said by frdrizzt:

said by EliteData:

what the big deal here ?

The Onyx platform is more than just the interactive guide menu. I can't wait until it's on my boxes here.

I look forward to possible future upgrades, as I'm hoping they have aspirations to improve the slow & not user friendly VOD menus at some point.

i look forward to upgrade as well as anyone else would.
this thread is going out of control over when it is supposed to happen, i care more about whether it will happen as opposed to when.
the real problem is the boxes, the speed is comparable to a late 1980's PC on a small flash disk operating Windows XP.
milan22
join:2008-12-17
Newark, NJ

milan22

this thread is going out of control over when it is supposed to happen, i care more about whether it will happen as opposed to when.
the real problem is the boxes, the speed is comparable to a late 1980's PC on a small flash disk operating Windows XP.

That's true. I also question on whether the boxes can handle the "program" . I assume they can, but will wait and see.
majortom1029
join:2006-10-19
Medford, NY

majortom1029

said by milan22:

That's true. I also question on whether the boxes can handle the "program" . I assume they can, but will wait and see.

if its what they say they should be able to handle them just fine as it will be the equivalent of rendering web pages. They stated the new guide is html 5 based and hosted at cablevisions end.
dm145
join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ

dm145 to optimumtv

to optimumtv
Any beta testers out there? Screen shots?
milan22
Newark, NJ

milan22

Only thing they said it looks "similar" to the apple app.

»www.tech2date.com/wp-con ··· 8.30.jpg

»www.iclarified.com/image ··· 9918.jpg
TheWiseGuy
Dog And Butterfly
MVM
join:2002-07-04
East Stroudsburg, PA

TheWiseGuy

MVM

They have actually talked about it quite a bit in the conference calls. If you want more info simply go to

»seekingalpha.com/symbol/ ··· nscripts

and search the last 2 transcripts for guide.

mbernste
MVM
join:2001-06-30
Piscataway, NJ

mbernste to EliteData

MVM

to EliteData
said by EliteData:

To continue with your analogy, the technology in the car is a major factor in my buying decision. I ultimately went with a Honda because of the reviews, but I strongly considered the Ford because of the Synch tech in it.

The interactive program guide on a box adds to the enjoyability of watching TV. If you have a guide that does proper data mining (like TiVo does) your viewing choices are that much more greatly enhanced.

EliteData
EliteData
Premium Member
Philippines

EliteData to TheWiseGuy

Premium Member

to TheWiseGuy
said by TheWiseGuy:

They have actually talked about it quite a bit in the conference calls. If you want more info simply go to

»seekingalpha.com/symbol/ ··· nscripts

thanks for that.
the meetings are pretty interesting.
so far, ive read a number of transcripts, im quite interested in the "home monitoring" idea they appear to have tabled at the moment.
kudos to Jim and his CFO for not giving in to the big investor pressure concerning their returns, seems like all they are interested in is money while Jim is interested in preserving customer base in the long term and "investing" into the company to make it grow (ever so slowly though).
if Jim and his CFO gave into the investor demands, i dont even want to begin to speculate on how bad things could be, i see where that BS with the other cable companies charging ridiculous overage fees and capping polices is coming from now.
really makes you grateful to be a CV customer in a way.

Rewe
@optonline.net

Rewe to cabletecht

Anon

to cabletecht
Oct 3rd
cabletecht
join:2012-06-08

cabletecht to dm145

to dm145
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
said by dm145:

root
join:2002-12-11

1 recommendation

root

said by cabletecht:

said by dm145:

OMG THAT MUST BE PHOTOSHOPPED NO WAY ITS THE UI INCOMING MILAN22 HATE

optimumtv
@myvzw.com

optimumtv

Anon

It looks real to me. Based on the times on the screen shot. It look like a cross between the Sony and SA guide. I think it will change because it still has the old iO logo on it.
root

root

said by optimumtv :

It looks real to me. Based on the times on the screen shot. It look like a cross between the Sony and SA guide. I think it will change because it still has the old iO logo on it.

My post was sarcasm...I've been saying the UI was real and coming out soon this whole thread.
dm145
join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ

dm145 to cabletecht

to cabletecht
Nice. Thanks!

limegrass69
No Whammies
join:2008-05-28

limegrass69 to root

to root
said by root:

said by cabletecht:

said by dm145:

OMG THAT MUST BE PHOTOSHOPPED NO WAY ITS THE UI INCOMING MILAN22 HATE

LOL!

PS...it looks great.
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt

And more importantly it performs much better than the old menu.

pa prowler
join:2003-09-11
Matamoras, PA

pa prowler to optimumtv

to optimumtv
Freaking sweet! Can't wait!

DownTheShore
Pray for Ukraine
Premium Member
join:2003-12-02
Beautiful NJ

DownTheShore to cabletecht

Premium Member

to cabletecht
Poor color choices for those customers who either have some visual impairment or older eyes - not enough contrast, what with all those shades of blue.

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2 to optimumtv

Premium Member

to optimumtv
a 100% improvement for sure

andrewc2
join:2011-06-05
Matamoras, PA

andrewc2 to cabletecht

to cabletecht
That new guide looks sweet compared to the junk we have now!

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2

Premium Member

No question
root

root to DownTheShore

to DownTheShore
said by DownTheShore:

Poor color choices for those customers who either have some visual impairment or older eyes - not enough contrast, what with all those shades of blue.

You can never please everyone.

Roger21
@optonline.net

Roger21

Anon

Does anyone know if you will be able to create your own custom guides? I also have DISH at home for a few channels cablevision doesn't offer and with my DISH receiver I can create a few guides. I have one for international channels, a guide for sports and one for locals so when I am in the guide I only see the channels for the particular I'm on.
iknow
Premium Member
join:2012-03-25

iknow to optimumtv

Premium Member

to optimumtv
the new guide looks nice. but that's not all they updated, i now have the brookhaven town board on channel 18, where it's supposed to be, since the digital switchover i've had either the islip town board or a preview of channel 118 there. they must be fixing a lot of software at cablevision, it's about time!.
milan22
Newark, NJ

1 edit

1 recommendation

milan22 to optimumtv

to optimumtv
Holy hell, I hope that's not the new guide. It looks awful.

Apple app blows that away. Which Dolan himself said it would look very much like.

The layout is garbage. Look at the "past" section, totally unnecessary & unpleasing to the eye. Let alone take up precious screen space. The colors are horrible, & the live viewing channel picture is ascetically in the wrong spot. Kills the flow to the eye.

Just plain garbage. What we have now maybe archaic , but at least it's clean and simple.