Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

milan22

join:2008-12-17
Newark, NJ
reply to optimumtv

Re: new tv channel guide for sa8300?

Look how clean & simple the Apple app is. This is what Dolan said it would be very much like. Regardless if he was lying or not, this is more like what it should look like. Cablevision don't make the dumb mistake. Use this as your basis.

Channel logo,number,channel name. Clean time brackets & colors. Good use of space.

dm145

join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ
^^^^
One problem with your screen shot, it is not the apple app, it is the Optimum App for Laptop!

milan22

Newark, NJ
said by dm145:

^^^^
One problem with your screen shot, it is not the apple app, it is the Optimum App for Laptop!

Dolan said:

"I would liken it to some of the Internet video providers that are out there like Netflix, etcetera, but its actually much superior to that and you can get a preview of it on the tablets that we have -- on the apps that we have on the tablets now, give you an idea of what that guide and that menu system is like."

root

join:2002-12-11
reply to milan22
said by milan22:

Look how clean & simple the Apple app is. This is what Dolan said it would be very much like. Regardless if he was lying or not, this is more like what it should look like. Cablevision don't make the dumb mistake. Use this as your basis.

Channel logo,number,channel name. Clean time brackets & colors. Good use of space.

[att=1]

Jesus....and here I was thinking I was trolling with my post that you would hate on it...I come here today and you actually ARE hating. Unbelievable.

dm145

Clifton, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to milan22
said by milan22:

said by dm145:

^^^^

Dolan said:

"I would liken it to some of the Internet video providers that are out there like Netflix, etcetera, but its actually much superior to that and you can get a preview of it on the tablets that we have -- on the apps that we have on the tablets now, give you an idea of what that guide and that menu system is like."

Correct, but your screen cap is not from any tablet app which was my point.
Cabletecht screen caps do resemble the app like dolan said not yours.

TheWiseGuy
Dog And Butterfly
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-04
East Stroudsburg, PA
kudos:3
From the most recent transcript

»seekingalpha.com/article/790041-···ll=false

said by seekingalpha transcript :

Wilt Hildenbrand - Senior Adviser, Engineering & Technology

Probably at the beginning of the fourth quarter, but yes.
Jim Dolan - President & CEO

Like I said, if you want to have a look at it, right, if you’re one of our customers or you know one of our customers who has a tablet...
Wilt Hildenbrand - Senior Adviser, Engineering & Technology

Or a laptop.
Jim Dolan - President & CEO

Or a laptop, you can see it there using the Optimum app.

Of course we should all be seeing it soon so might as well wait till we see it and then debate it.
--
Warning, If you post nonsense and use misinformation and are here to argue based on those methods, you will be put on ignore.

milan22

Newark, NJ
reply to dm145
said by dm145:

His screen caps look nothing like any cablevision app.

limegrass69
Here's my Posting tag

join:2008-05-28
The laptop or tablet view looks too busy for a TV screen.

The ones that "Cabletecht" posted seem more suited for display on a TV.

milan22

Newark, NJ
reply to root
said by root:

said by milan22:

[att=1]

Jesus....and here I was thinking I was trolling with my post

Why anyone would troll is beyond me. Only adolescents troll. Try sticking with the topic.

The alleged pictures of the new guide are awful. Deal with it.

You better hope that they are not true.

dm145

Clifton, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to milan22
said by milan22:

said by dm145:

They look just like my "Optimum for iPad" app minus the Most Watched icons. They look nothing like the "Optimum for Laptop" which is where you may be getting confused.

cabletecht

join:2012-06-08
reply to milan22
said by milan22:

said by root:

said by milan22:

[att=1]

Why anyone would troll is beyond me. Only adolescents troll. Try sticking with the topic.

why should we hope they aren't true? I think maybe you should be the one hoping they are not true...since you don't like them.

If you have service with cablevision and use cablevisions set tops, then get used to it.

dm145

Clifton, NJ
I am looking forward to the roll out!

milan22

Newark, NJ
reply to dm145
said by dm145:

said by milan22:

said by dm145:

They look just like my "Optimum for iPad" app minus the Most Watched icons. They look nothing like the "Optimum for Laptop" which is where you may be getting confused.

So his looks like this? Sorry, I just don't see it. His looks like garbage. Again the IPAD is clean & neat.

»/r0/download/2···nyx2.jpg

milan22

Newark, NJ

1 edit
reply to dm145
said by dm145:

said by milan22:

said by dm145:

Dolan:

"The Onyx guide is a significant change in the customer experience. I would liken it to some of the Internet video providers that are out there like Netflix, etcetera, but it's actually much superior to that and you can get a preview of it on the tablets that we have -- on the apps that we have on the tablets now, give you an idea of what that guide and that menu system is like. And you will see that it's quite superior."

SUPERIOR. Let's all say that again SUPERIOR. A preview of it on the APPS that we have on the TABLETS now.

Does his really look anything like the tablets now? Is it SUPERIOR in any way shape or form? To our current apps or Netflix or any other INTERNET based guide?

So if it is what that other guy says. Dolan is a bold face snake oil salesman. His word is garbage. His has ZERO credibility in the cable world. Dolan is void of any reality of what is the future. FIOS would still be blowing us away with their guide. Why even put it out there? This is supposed to be the IPHONE killer. Everyone is supposed to be envious of us now. I think not.

cabletecht

join:2012-06-08
said by milan22:

Dolan:

"The Onyx guide is a significant change in the customer experience. I would liken it to some of the Internet video providers that are out there like Netflix, etcetera, but it's actually much superior to that and you can get a preview of it on the tablets that we have -- on the apps that we have on the tablets now, give you an idea of what that guide and that menu system is like. And you will see that it's quite superior."

SUPERIOR. Let's all say that again SUPERIOR. A preview of it on the APPS that we have on the TABLETS now.

Does his really look anything like the tablets now? Is it SUPERIOR in any way shape or form? To our current apps or Netflix or any other INTERNET based guide?

So if it is what that other guy says. Dolan is a bold face snake oil salesman. His word is garbage. His has ZERO credibility in the cable world. Dolan is void of any reality of what is the future. FIOS would still be blowing us away with their guide. Why even put it out there? This is supposed to be the IPHONE killer. Everyone is supposed to be envious of us now. I think not.

might not be the greatest..but at least its an improvement for most..maybe not for others. im sure cablevision realizes they can't please everyone

dm145

Clifton, NJ
reply to milan22
Milan

You must have an outdated app cause mine looks a lot like the purpose guide.

annnonnn

@optonline.net
reply to milan22
Click for full size
said by milan22:

So his looks like this? Sorry, I just don't see it. His looks like garbage. Again the IPAD is clean & neat.

It should be noted that that is the older version of the ipad app. This is what it looks like now.

root

1 recommendation

reply to milan22
said by milan22:

said by root:

said by milan22:

[att=1]

Your post is just plain moronic. You say the pictures of the new guide are awful...then you say deal with it? I am dealing with it...by actually accepting and liking it. YOU deal with it.

And I better hope they are not true? What the hell is that even supposed to mean? The great thing about America is that there are options. Go to DirectTV or Dish or something if you want to be such a stubborn brat about a guide. So far you are the only person to post that has not had positive things to say about it.

optimumtv

@myvzw.com
reply to annnonnn
The iPod app the new one. Looks like a better UI than the FIOS img guide 1.9.1 the guide is dark colors so it is easier to see. y people complained when fios came out with 1.9 with the light colors. I like the iPod version better than the beta photos. But they are going to update them all I guess since they say IP and not optimum tv. So we will just have to wait and see.

If you want to see how the colors look on your TV now go to channel 907

dm145

Clifton, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
thanks

when looking for 907 i tuned into ch 900 Explore Optimum - clicked on Optimum TV and saw a preview of new guide and some of its features. Pretty cool.

looks like we can finally filter guide
show only subscribed channels
show only favorites (this is where we can make custom guide)

said coming soon
hope it does come first week of october

found video on optimum site

»www.optimum.net/ExploreOptimum/f···56999916

andrewc2

join:2011-06-05
Matamoras, PA
Just watched that video, and it looks like the Guide button FINALLY will bring up the actual guide!! Can't wait, the new guide looks awesome!

iknow
Premium
join:2012-03-25
reply to dm145
said by dm145:

thanks

when looking for 907 i tuned into ch 900 Explore Optimum - clicked on Optimum TV and saw a preview of new guide and some of its features. Pretty cool.

looks like we can finally filter guide
show only subscribed channels
show only favorites (this is where we can make custom guide)

said coming soon
hope it does come first week of october

directv had that for many years, it'll be great on optimum.

IllIlIlllIll
EliteData
Premium
join:2003-07-06
Hampton Bays, NY
kudos:7
reply to andrewc2
said by andrewc2:

Just watched that video, and it looks like the Guide button FINALLY will bring up the actual guide!! Can't wait, the new guide looks awesome!

im using the TW silver remote (some extra buttons that dont function... YET) as i prefer the layout of the buttons on this remote, its alot easier to utilize your thumb with
--
Suffolk County NY Police Feed - »www.scpdny.com
PS3 Gaming Feed - »www.livestream.com/elitedata

RemyM

join:2005-02-14
Stamford, CT
kudos:1
reply to dm145
said by dm145:

Great find; looks good to me. Loving the new DVR+ too. Cablevision has really stepped up their game lately, competition is a good thing.

furnace

@websense.net
Does anybody know the roll out schedule? October is right around the corner.

root

2 edits
said by furnace :

Does anybody know the roll out schedule? October is right around the corner.

Starts Oct 3rd ends Oct 24th if all goes as planned.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT
reply to optimumtv
I hope they finally offer a single press to get to the guide instead of a two press.

StudioTech
Off The Air

join:2001-10-10
Edison, NJ
said by Subaru:

I hope they finally offer a single press to get to the guide instead of a two press.

It's going to happen.

georgermct
PERFORMANCE

join:2000-05-12
Fairfield CT
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to dm145
When watching the optimum program guide video...

With the option "Record Series" does that mean "Record New Episodes at any time on this channel"?

Or will it record all episodes regardless if it aired before or not (new and repeat episodes).
--
OOL Subscriber Since - 10/18/00 . . . iO Subscriber Since - 11/22/04 . . . Optimum Voice Subscriber Since 06/30/11

RemyM

join:2005-02-14
Stamford, CT
said by georgermct:

When watching the optimum program guide video...

With the option "Record Series" does that mean "Record New Episodes at any time on this channel"?

Or will it record all episodes regardless if it aired before or not (new and repeat episodes).

That's up to you. Both options are available.