uniqs
share rss forum feed

MovieLover76

join:2009-09-11
kudos:1
reply to Crookshanks

Re: Insurance

Do you have a case?
I am fairly careful with my phones now and rarely drop them, but if you have a good case you don't even need the insurance. My first smartphone was an iphone 3GS, I got a nice, not too thick case for it and I dropped it all the freaking time and I never did any damage to it. I've been through many smartphones since then (I like to have the latest and greatest) and I've still never broken a cell phone with a case on it.

Crookshanks

join:2008-02-04
Binghamton, NY

To each their own I suppose, but I don't really like cases. I haven't found a good one that isn't overly bulky. I do invest in good screen protectors (plug: the invisible shield, WAY better than the el-cheapo one you get from your carrier), but I've never really liked cases for any of my phones. There's something to be said for holding the phone in your hand without a case between you and it, IMHO anyway.

Generally, I'm careful with my phones, but nobody is perfect, and I do drop mine from time to time. Compared to my friend's phones though, mine might as well be new in box. It's sad to see how much abuse they take from the "average" person!

Simba7
I Void Warranties

join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT

All it takes is one good drop in the right position.

One reason I have my phone in an Otterbox. I'd rather not take that chance.

Crookshanks

join:2008-02-04
Binghamton, NY

Well, the DX is the first phone I've ever had to replace, and it might not have been the drop that killed it. I think it did, but the rep at the Verizon store indicated that a lot of them have failed in the manner mine did.

As I said, to each their own!

MovieLover76

join:2009-09-11
kudos:1
reply to Crookshanks

Not trying to force my opinion, but have you looked at the case-mate barely there cases, that's what i use and they are very minimal, cutouts for the buttons (no, plastic covering the buttons or ports. ) they use don't add much bulk at all to phones.