Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to mettachain

Premium Member

to mettachain

Re: [Race to 90] I Really Want to Level a Panda

Not talents but specs.

And not HAVING to do the quest but having it available if you want.

As far as I can tell you still use the trainer right now if you want to change spec but not for talents or glyphs.

this would just have the trainer open a quest chain you could do if you wanted to try out the new choices you'd made.
DarkLogix

DarkLogix

Premium Member

The idea would be say you played a paladin and you'd been playing ret the whole time.

So you finally ether change you spec or get dual spec and pickup holy. Now right after you pick your talents the trainer offers a quest you can do it or you can leave it.

the quest chain would be aimed at paladins and would offer places when the talents would come into play, also if the class CAN heal then add some mobs to heal that could do all the DPS needed for the quest if you kept them up, but leave the requirements low so as just be a run through of the talents so you can see if you like them.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix
I'd like to have class quests whose purpose is to drive racial/class lore. Give them level appropriate dungeon elements or keep them within the same zone as the quest giver. You could also just make it a progressive quest chain that starts in your race's starting area and moves through the breadcrumb chain intended for your race. If you start a gnome warrior and decide you'd rather follow the human zone progression, then you do that and you miss out on the gnome warrior lore progression chain. They could use the zone fly-in exclamation point they use for the Blackrock Caverns quest, for example. That would be cool, I think.

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain

but what if the class lore chain quests became too hard for your level? would you have to move to another starting zone and complete all the hearts there and then come back to your zone to continue your quests?

I remember i had to do that with my engineer. started in my zone and had to go to hoelbrak where the norns are and then come back to complete a section of the asura lore.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

As my post went on, my idea evolved. The class lore chain quest should be gated by lvl and zone. So, a night elf would pick up a class-related quest fly in (where your quest tracker hud is) upon completing the breadcrumb quest relevant to your class. For example Nigh Elves would get them for Darkshore, Ashenvale, Stonetalon, Desolace, Feralas, Felwood, Winterspring, Silithus, Terrokkar (via major bread crumb), Sholazar Basin (via serious breadcrumb), Mount Hyjal. Mount Hyjal should be the terminus for the Night Elf lore/class quest chain, IMO. There would be race sharing for several zones... Draenei/Orcs would be more represented in Outlands than other races. Worgen lore racials would be an interesting discovery of how Arugal's wild worgen (the ones alliance have been killing for xp since before cata) differ from the Gilnean strand. It would be awesome, I think.

Anyway, that would be cool IMO.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

in my idea tie in the relevant lore and have what you're doing demonstrating that tier of talent points.

Say a Night Elf Mage might be doing a phases event where they see the old High elfs, that would likely be the general theme of the Night elf mage quests, with each tier uncovering some part of a story and giving you a good reason to use the given tier of talents.

I'd actually opt for every 10 levels but you need the toon to evolve some as the class before doing more so each tier might be better.

also do it with phasing and portals.

Classes that can heal would have a reason there to heal but if speced as DPS it'd be needed that you DPS. decently.