spc
uniqs

retiredqwest
join:2005-04-01
Spokane, WA

retiredqwest to Nemesis158

to Nemesis158

Re: [Qwest] Centurylink upgrades speeds, but service is horrible

I'll just say this, I'm not impressed by the accuracy of that website.....

Fiber west on 57th down Hatch and West on White would make more sense to get to Sherman. If you want grab some photos of the boxes at Cedar and White, I'm going to guess the large box on the field side is a Litespan 2000 which is only fiber fed.
Nemesis158
CTL 1G Fiber
join:2012-09-15
Spokane, WA

Nemesis158

Click for full size
The Terminal at White & cedar
here is a pic of the large terminal on cedar.
code on the main box is:
SPKNWA RPH01
RT S8223 CEDAR

it says Binford 2000 under the code/adress.

I was able to catch a guy working at this terminal when i went to town today, so i told him what was going on and he said he would check it out and see if i needed to be moved to another gateway/dslam

The large box on sherman says Northern Telecom on it.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS

MVM

said by Nemesis158:

The large box on sherman says Northern Telecom on it.

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No ··· _Telecom

Equipment manufacturer.

retiredqwest
Spokane, WA

retiredqwest to Nemesis158

to Nemesis158
Binford 2000 is a local joke..... Tim the Tool Man....anyway.

At Cedar The big cabinet in the back is a Litespan 2000 fiber fed. And looks like the fiber stops there. On the right is a x-connect box. The light green cabinet street side is a splice chamber. And the vented cabinet is the ADSL cabinet fed with fiber. The white cabinet on the left looks like an old N1 analog carrier repeater. Don't know why that is still there.

At Sherman the RPG is a NT DSMUrban. The 3 other vented cabs are ALL ADSL fed from the Cedar Litespan via copper T1's. And they all have 8 T1 feeder capability, don't know if they are all active.

And at Keeney and Paradise is a SLC-96 with no ADSL cabinet.

So, at Sherman you might see if you can get someone to cut your DSL line to a different system since there are 3 of them there. And a outside tech has to redo the jumpers at the x-connect.

One thing I noticed is there is no VDSL2+ node at Cedar, which makes sense since 40M/5M only reaches out about 2000 wire feet from the node. I did some unscientific calculations on my neighborhood since I know the routes of the cabling. Each situation will vary because of cable gauging.

At Cedar I tried an address about 1000 ft south on Cedar Road and it came back 20M/896K. But what caught me off guard is it is ADSL. I only tried the one address since I'm not positive about the cable routing down there.
Nemesis158
CTL 1G Fiber
Spokane, WA

Nemesis158

what i don't quite get is why there is only one adsl cabinet at the cedar terminal and 3 at the Sherman terminal. is it dependent on what is feeding them?

Also, im not sure but i think the guy may have figured out what was going on, at least partially. im getting almost 3.3 on speetest at 1pm, and that's like unheard off. the samknows graph also started out much more consistent today. time will tell i guess.

retiredqwest
Spokane, WA

retiredqwest

said by Nemesis158:

what i don't quite get is why there is only one adsl cabinet at the cedar terminal and 3 at the Sherman terminal. is it dependent on what is feeding them?

Comcast provides service around Cedar and White. I don't know how far south they go. Supply and demand and there is always the ROI......

Nemesis158
CTL 1G Fiber
Spokane, WA

Nemesis158

well im not sure if it means anything, but on thursday morning our internet got disconnected, and reconnected a little while later. problem is, currently its stuck at 0.8mbit down / 0.6mbit up.
these values are the same as those we saw during the 4 days before it was upgraded. is this some kind of line test phase or is it just setup incorrectly?