Mod
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX

1 recommendation

robbin to lordpuffer

Mod

to lordpuffer

Re: Looking For A 42" LED TV

If you can use one just a little larger I bought a 47" LG (47LG4600) at Sam's yesterday for $678. Really nice picture with a small bezel but only 3 HDMI. They also had a 42" Sony which looked great for between 550 and 600. Didn't look at number of ports. (hint -- if you don't like shopping at Sam's then check the price on Amazon for the LG!)

Bluphn
@rr.com

Bluphn

Anon

robbin:
How is the sound on the LG from the onboard speakers? It may be a while before I can get an external system. Thanks.

robbin
Mod
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX

robbin

Mod

I bought the set primarily because I thought it had the best picture of the sets of that size. I haven't had time to actually sit down and watch and listen to a movie (maybe tomorrow). With a TV as thin as the LG is I would never expect much of the sound (I'll try to post back in a few days as to my experience). I'll probably end up using a sound bar with mine. The location I am installing it in does not lend itself to a complete sound system. One thing, I think it only has netflix on Internet. I didn't want or need a bunch of apps as I will have it connected to a HTPC through an extender (probably the new Ceton Echo possibly due out in November).

lordpuffer
Legalize It Joe!
Premium Member
join:2004-09-19
Old Town, ME
Nokia XS-110G-A
Linksys Velop MX5300

lordpuffer to robbin

Premium Member

to robbin
said by robbin:

If you can use one just a little larger I bought a 47" LG (47LG4600) at Sam's yesterday for $678. Really nice picture with a small bezel but only 3 HDMI. They also had a 42" Sony which looked great for between 550 and 600. Didn't look at number of ports. (hint -- if you don't like shopping at Sam's then check the price on Amazon for the LG!)

I checked at Sam's. The Sony 42" is $548, however, it only has 2 HDMI ports. I need at least 3.

Thanks for the info on the LG, however, that will be too large. I'll keep up the hunt.