inGearX
3.1415 9265
join:2000-06-11
New York

inGearX

sites look tiny on huge HDTV - fixes?

Click for full size
a friend has his Win 7 PC hooked up to a HDTV

well every single site we go to - we need to scale it up by pressing CTRL and + ...

I'm thinking there must be something else we can do - to make it permanent...

please advise...

thank you...

Tokidoki
Premium Member
join:2002-08-26
South Richmond Hill, NY

Tokidoki

Premium Member

Well, you could try setting the page zoom to a default size (like 200%) in the settings.
BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium Member
join:2000-01-13

BlitzenZeus to inGearX

Premium Member

to inGearX
Use 720, or you can also increase the dpi, however don't increase it too much.

howardfine
join:2002-08-09
Saint Louis, MO

howardfine to inGearX

to inGearX
Every site? I see that speedtest.net explicitly sets the width of the center portion of that page to 728px but the site's background is showing the full width as judged by the background gradient. If you expand it permanently, then you won't be able to see everything on the page of those sites that adapt to the width.

mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON

mozerd to inGearX

MVM

to inGearX
1. Open Screen Resolution by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, and then, under Appearance and Personalization, clicking Adjust screen resolution.

2. Click the Resolution drop-down list, and move the slider to choose a different resolution.

Most HDTV sets use the 16:9 widescreen format, so you'll want to choose a screen resolution where the shape of the picture matches the wide format of your HDTV.

3. When you find a screen resolution that looks right, click Apply.

4. If the new screen resolution looks correct, click Keep changes, and then click OK.
Expand your moderator at work

inGearX
3.1415 9265
join:2000-06-11
New York

inGearX to howardfine

to howardfine

Re: sites look tiny on huge HDTV - fixes?

said by howardfine:

Every site? I see that speedtest.net explicitly sets the width of the center portion of that page to 728px but the site's background is showing the full width as judged by the background gradient. If you expand it permanently, then you won't be able to see everything on the page of those sites that adapt to the width.

right that's a problem
inGearX

inGearX to mozerd

to mozerd
said by mozerd:

1. Open Screen Resolution by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, and then, under Appearance and Personalization, clicking Adjust screen resolution.

2. Click the Resolution drop-down list, and move the slider to choose a different resolution.

Most HDTV sets use the 16:9 widescreen format, so you'll want to choose a screen resolution where the shape of the picture matches the wide format of your HDTV.

3. When you find a screen resolution that looks right, click Apply.

4. If the new screen resolution looks correct, click Keep changes, and then click OK.

thanks will try it

I'm just concerned that it will not be crystal clear ... u know like the way LCDs need to be on exact resolution ...

but I'm not sure about his HDTV... will check...

way I did it for my mom was increase Windows zoom to 1.5x or so ... so it increases EVERYTHING... works well...

will try and report...