how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

CarsonKT

join:2011-08-09
Hampstead, QC

slow 6M DSL Montreal (evening only?)

I saw several posts in the teksavvy direct section saying slow 6M DSL, just wondering do you guys only have this problem during the evening period?

For me, interestingly, slow down starts from around 20:30, and this morning I tested it was full speed, and afternoon I can download at full speed as well.

But for "evening section" only around 2M, is there any infrastructure work at the moment? so they only work during evening period?

paulmcz

join:2008-01-03
canada

This is going on for more than a week now. I have the same problem in South Shore. There are Bell trucks everywhere during the day for past 2 weeks or so.

fnx

join:2004-08-13
Longueuil, QC

I have EXACTLY the same problem (south shore, Longueuil).

UK_Dave

join:2011-01-27
Powassan, ON
kudos:2

Me too, North Bay. ON.

How's your ping speeds before and during the window when your speeds plummet?

CarsonKT

Hampstead, QC

1 edit
reply to CarsonKT

my ping doesn't increase a lot, I am geting around 60-65 even I only have 1.xM dsl speed now.

it seems a "systematic problem" with Bell then, I haven't seen too much Bell vans around when my dsl actually down au contraire I do see them around a lot when the line works perfect

But why only in the evening?

lester2

join:2005-09-01
London, ON
reply to CarsonKT

I'm having the same problem with my DSL here in London. usually a 70-60 ping now 200 and I barely break 1mbit in speed tests. It started crapping out about 10-20 mins ago.

bigdaddio5

join:2008-01-22
Kirkland, QC
reply to CarsonKT

Im in the West Island (Kirkland) and it's been absolutely terrible tonight. Did a modem/router restart and it didn't help at all. Definitely something going on...

spacey

join:2008-04-02
Montreal, QC
reply to CarsonKT

I suggest we raise tickets with TekSavvy, I'm not sure how much of its in their control but at least it would be nice to know that they acknowledge there is a problem.

heyyahblah

join:2009-02-01
Mississauga, ON

agreed, i haven't heard anything ..... i mean it doesn't seem like this is an isolated incident and its been going on for more then 2 days now ... its a little bit frustrating not being able to download ....
--
Larry, Larry Laugher .. hehe

Bravado

join:2012-09-14
Kitchener, ON
reply to CarsonKT

There have been a number of Montreal people pop up in the Ontario thread about slowdowns and peak time congestion: »[DSL] Slow DSL Internet Speeds in Kitchener in Evenings

CarsonKT

Hampstead, QC
reply to CarsonKT

Morning everyone,

this is my morning test result,

as expected, the problem is gone like it never happened.

curiouser and curiouser

in the Teksavvy Direct forum the number of inquiries are definitely increasing and hope it's enough to generate their awareness. But so far they seem only wrap a standard "solution package" ask you to test every possible device/connection in your home.....

This doesn't make sense when problem only appear for a certain time during the day and happen to a lot of people.

Jethro86

join:2005-05-27
Winchester, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to CarsonKT

I am having the same issues as I have posted in the Direct forums. From about 7:30 to 10:00 pings skyrocket to 400-500ms. Downloads fall to 1mbps. Uploads 30kbps.
Been working with a Bell tech who suspected a overloaded line card. Trying to move me around to different cards to find a better one. Last change made it slightly better but still outrageous pings keep creeping in.

jonana

join:2000-08-05
Saint-Laurent, QC
reply to CarsonKT

I'm facing exactly the same situation, several days now!
Montreal (Saint-Laurent).

EdT

join:2009-06-12
Saint-Laurent, QC

I think BHell has switched to the dreaded IKNS remote DSLAMs back in April the CO is on Dudemaine St.

I have been seeing horrible SNR stats these past 3 months which could be the IKNS bug.

EdT

Saint-Laurent, QC
reply to CarsonKT

Your upload stream doesn't look too good, normally it is the download that doesn't get full sync, but low upload syncs can be the IKNS bug !

millsy200

join:2012-08-28
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Jethro86

You guys are ALL lucky, how can you say that is even a slowdown? I have the 6M dsl service too and everyday for the past 2 years from 6pm til 11pm my service runs down to:

Ping= 400ms
Down= 150kbps
Upload= 1Mbps

NOW THAT IS A SLOWDOWN, any other time of the day it is normal and blazing fast, when you have a slowdown like this, then you can complain.

jfn0106

join:2012-09-16
reply to CarsonKT

Same issue on 6M DSL here in Ottawa.

Consistently getting between 1M to 3M downstream in the evenings, out of the blue, for the past few days. Speeds seem to return to normal during the day, however. Just got off the phone with Teksavvy support but they claim there isn't much they can do, short of having five other subscribers on the same DSLAM complaining of congestion issues, then they can raise a ticket with Bell.

TSI Paul
Business Services Rep
Premium
join:2009-09-28
Chatham, ON
kudos:4

Hello,

To try and find an issue I would suggest trying a connection with test@test and get the gateway IP to see if everyone if on the same BAS.

Thanks,
Paul

spacey

Montreal, QC

Hi Paul,

So you mean I should fill in the username as test@test, no password and write down the gateway IP address I get and post it here?

TSI Paul
Business Services Rep
Premium
Chatham, ON

Hello,

username test@test
password test

Thanks,
Paul

edit: you can post the test@test here or with your account info in the Direct forum.

spacey

Montreal, QC

I got the info, what is the Direct forum?

Is there a number I can just call you at?

spacey

Montreal, QC

So its about 5pm, this is my current speedtest result:

TSI Paul
Business Services Rep
Premium
Chatham, ON
reply to spacey

Right here

»TekSavvy Direct

EdT

Saint-Laurent, QC
reply to spacey

WTH ! ...Is that VSDL 25Mb/s service ?

spacey

Montreal, QC

Yeah, but just wait till later this evening... if history repeats itself, the download rate will drop drastically.

In the morning I can get 27mbit sometimes...

CarsonKT

Hampstead, QC
reply to EdT

yep, they did a bin adjust for me, that's what I was told.
so I guess my line quality isn't that good.

Still out now but will test around 9 this evening see if the same problem appear.

spacey

Montreal, QC

Whats a bin adjust?

EdT

Saint-Laurent, QC
reply to spacey

Use a modem utility like DMT or Orbit to determine what your line attenuation is and how far you are from the CO.

Since you are able to get those high speeds, I think you are alright, just maybe weather conditions are affecting your line or the DSLAM.

EdT

Saint-Laurent, QC
reply to TSI Paul

You mean we can login through PPoE with that ? I tried and it didn't work ! ...LoL

InvalidError

join:2008-02-03
kudos:5
reply to CarsonKT

My speed is generally fine (about 150kbps short of normal) but the ping is ~8ms worse than usual and jitter is all over the map at 25ms vs 0-1ms off-peak.

Something does appear to be unwell somewhere.