spc
Search similar:

uniqs

heyyahblah
join:2009-02-01
Mississauga, ON

heyyahblah to InvalidError

to InvalidError

Re: slow 6M DSL Montreal (evening only?)

its taking them a hell of a long time though, talk about service interruptions. i wonder what excuse or runaround they are giving to their own customers. Since Saturday I have noticed but some users have said even earlier like Thursday, so its going on a solid week now, wow .
jfn96706
join:2012-09-16

jfn96706

Agreed, I feel like a bit of a mushroom

Speeds dropped back down again to a crawl last night, but seem to be back to normal again this morning.

If anyone from Teksavvy is following this thread, any update on the progress with the network maintenance?

tsilkdjsaflk
@teksavvy.com

tsilkdjsaflk to InvalidError

Anon

to InvalidError
TSI could at least inform us of the situation. I don't care if who's to blame but I do care about knowing what's going on and having an ETA. Shame on TSI.
InvalidError
join:2008-02-03

InvalidError

said by tsilkdjsaflk :

TSI could at least inform us of the situation.

Since Bell stopped providing network maintenance notices years ago, TSI does not know anything beyond "Bell is working on stuff" so there isn't any information to talk about nor ETAs.

All TSI knows is the same thing we know: it will be done when Bell gets done with it, whenever that may be.

Jethro86
join:2005-05-27
Winchester, ON

Jethro86 to CarsonKT

to CarsonKT
Might this all be part of the "cross Ontario" slow DSL speeds at night? I have be using the Direct Forums to try and work through the night time issues but now I will start the reconnect often until it works better?
Is that just a disconnect from PPPOE session or is it recommended to reboot modem as well?
Kaoz
join:2007-02-05
Montreal, QC

Kaoz

still terrible.
UK_Dave
join:2011-01-27
Powassan, ON

UK_Dave

Yup, same for me in North Bay, ON. Slow slow slow in the evenings - high pings, low speed.

Then resolved in the morning.

I have a post in Direct already.
InvalidError
join:2008-02-03

InvalidError to Jethro86

to Jethro86
said by Jethro86:

Might this all be part of the "cross Ontario" slow DSL speeds at night? Is that just a disconnect from PPPOE session or is it recommended to reboot modem as well?

The "slow speed on DSL" complaints span both Ontario and Quebec, which is to be expected if it is caused by Bell re-arranging their network.

To try getting bumped on a different link between the BAS your DSLAM is connected to, all you need is restarting the PPPoE session, no need to reboot the modem. Every time you try to authenticate on PPPoE, Bell's BAS forwards your request through a pseudo-random link to TSI and that becomes the one you land on.

Jethro86
join:2005-05-27
Winchester, ON

Jethro86 to CarsonKT

to CarsonKT
Has anyone else been finding DSL better at night for the last few nights? I haven't had too many issues but am every so cautiously optimistic.

heyyahblah
join:2009-02-01
Mississauga, ON

heyyahblah

I've had this problem since 13th Sept. I was always 15.35 down and .75 up on my 15/1 dsl profile. Things were running smooth up until then.

Now I can't stream barely and downloads for some odd reason come in at 100-200kb/sec.

I posted in direct they even sent a BELL TECH to my house and line stats and sync are all in order so BELL says nothing is wrong with my DEMARC or the connection to the IKNS remote, really strange.

So I have no idea WTF is going on, but its beyond fustrating now. Seeing as my profile syncs at full but I'm getting like 1-2MBPS with low pings. No idea what the hell is going on ....

anyone else experincing problems or what?

Mike2009
join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON

Mike2009

Fine here.

jfn96706
join:2012-09-16

jfn96706 to CarsonKT

to CarsonKT
It's been back to normal on my 6M DSL connection for the past few days, no issues.

peteypab
join:2009-06-03

peteypab to CarsonKT

to CarsonKT
It's starting again... Anyone else?

Right now, on my 16/1 DSL

nitzguy
Premium Member
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON

nitzguy to CarsonKT

Premium Member

to CarsonKT
»www.speedtest.net/result ··· 8048.png

Rawr, Sudbury represent!! Well, just outside Sudbury....so, no issues here.
paulmcz
join:2008-01-03
Greenfield Park, QC

paulmcz to peteypab

to peteypab
said by peteypab:

It's starting again... Anyone else?

Right now, on my 16/1 DSL

[att=1]

Yes, it is back. It starts slowing down at around 9PM in Greenfield Park.
Boldwin89
join:2012-08-02
Montreal, QC

Boldwin89 to CarsonKT

to CarsonKT
Indeed, there is a drastic slowdown on the evening times. around 7pm EST time, the download speed is limited to 300kbps. In the morning there is no problem though besides random PPPoE disconnects. Is TekSavvy throttling their customers?....

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to CarsonKT

MVM

to CarsonKT
Currently getting around 50% of expected speed.

slowinmtl
@teksavvy.com

slowinmtl to CarsonKT

Anon

to CarsonKT
»www.speedtest.net/result ··· 3885.png
Boldwin89
Montreal, QC

Boldwin89 to CarsonKT

to CarsonKT
Can we get a word from any staff member from Teksavvy? The download speed is ridiculous, everytime I get back home around 7pm I can't even stream some youtube videos.

TSI Pierre
Premium Member
join:2011-09-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Pierre

Premium Member

Not forgetting about you... I asked NOC to investigate and will post an update in the am.
UK_Dave
join:2011-01-27
Powassan, ON

UK_Dave to Boldwin89

to Boldwin89
Hi Bold.

Do you have a friendly neighbour still on Bell?

See if they are experiencing the same issues in the evening as you (we) are.

I'd be interested in the results.

Cheers
Dave

UKDAVE
@teksavvy.com

UKDAVE to Boldwin89

Anon

to Boldwin89
Hi.

Do you have a neighbour who is on Bell?

See if they show the same symptoms you do in the evenings and let me know.

Cheers,
Dave
Boldwin89
Montreal, QC

Boldwin89 to CarsonKT

to CarsonKT
I don't believe anyone in my neighbour experience this problem concerning the internet from Bell. On the other hand, multiple TekSavvy users from my area are getting the same unfortunate issue. It always happens during the evening hours and mostly on the weekends also. This matter should be address so we, the customers can at least have an idea what is going on.

Here is the speedtest results that I am getting as I type this message.

9:36PM EST

»support.bell.ca/Internet ··· e-Status
Boldwin89

Boldwin89 to CarsonKT

to CarsonKT
I forgot to mention that I have the 15/1 deal with TekSavvy.

Mike2009
Ottawa, ON

Mike2009

Similar results here on 16 meg plan.

Mike2009

Mike2009

Back to normal this morning.

Phat_Phinger
join:2011-10-22
Williamsburg, ON

Phat_Phinger to Jethro86

to Jethro86
Our DSL slowdown dilemma has been ongoing for over a year. Same ours as most 7:30-ish to 10-11. This is almost guaranteed to be every weekday. Oddly it doesn't slowdown on most weekends.

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

said by Phat_Phinger:

Our DSL slowdown dilemma has been ongoing for over a year. Same ours as most 7:30-ish to 10-11. This is almost guaranteed to be every weekday. Oddly it doesn't slowdown on most weekends.

Have you spoken with our support team recently. I would suggest next time it happens that you give us a call and we can try to see whats going on.

Mike2009
Ottawa, ON
TP-Link Archer C7
Technicolor DCM476
Grandstream HT701

Mike2009

Extra slow tonight inOttawa.

Broadband Negotiated Mode: G.DMT2+ Annex A
Connection Status: CONNECTED
Speed (down/up): 19456 Kbps/1086 Kbps
Number of Retrains: 0
Number of Retrains Elapsed Time: 0H: 00M: 00S
SNR Margin (Downstream/Upstream): 11.5 dB/10.4 dB
Attenuation (Downstream/Upstream): 7.8 dB/5.2 dB

ohnoeshesgon
@teksavvy.com

ohnoeshesgon

Anon

Slow as s*** again tonight in Sherbrooke. I'm getting tired of those issues, about to cancel and switch to a cable provider.