spc
Search similar:

uniqs
baldpope
join:2012-09-17
Milwaukee, WI

baldpope

[TWC] TWC DNS issues in greater midwest area

Just got off a call with Brad from TWC support confirming they are having significant service outage in the greater midwest area. According to the conversation, core DNS servers are down and/or unresponsive and have been for atleast the last 2hrs.

The affected DNS servers appears to be :

A quick/easy fix is to manually override your DNS server and point to the easy to remember 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2 or 8.8.8.8. Once completed, you should be able to get back to normal browsing.

Didn't find an existing post regarding this topic.

baldpope...
Radisc359
join:2010-10-02
Fremont, NE

Radisc359

Yep I noticed this, I have friends with Time Warner Cable and there internet was acting up or not working, but I have had no issues, and I'm using Opendns.
Matt7
join:2001-01-02
Columbus, OH

Matt7 to baldpope

to baldpope
said by baldpope:

Just got off a call with Brad from TWC support confirming they are having significant service outage in the greater midwest area. According to the conversation, core DNS servers are down and/or unresponsive and have been for atleast the last 2hrs.

The affected DNS servers appears to be :

A quick/easy fix is to manually override your DNS server and point to the easy to remember 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2 or 8.8.8.8. Once completed, you should be able to get back to normal browsing.

Didn't find an existing post regarding this topic.

baldpope...

Yep -- Had the problem here on Insight Road Runner which uses those DNS.. Set my primary DNS in my router to an OpenDNS server and I am back online.
ddeerrff
join:2002-08-30
Brookfield, WI

ddeerrff to baldpope

to baldpope
Following the TWCHelp twitter feed, it appears this was a rather wide spread outage that lasted for about 6 hours. Surprised there weren't more comments here.

8.8.8.8 to the rescue for me.
scooper
join:2000-07-11
Kansas City, KS

scooper to baldpope

to baldpope
I have no idea what DNS servers TWC uses around here - the router and all PCs are set to MY desired - 8.8.8.8 and something on the 4.2.2.x network.