kudos:1
Reviews:
·Charter
·Vonage

3 recommendations

reply to jopfef

Re: [Pets] One huge dog

said by jopfef:

IMHO, that dog is underweight. His spine is showing, and so are his hip bones, his shoulder blades, and his ribs. At three years old, he should have a healthy covering of flesh on his bones, but not be fat. At 150 pounds, feeding him 30 pounds of dog food every two weeks is not nearly enough dog food for his size. My Yellow Lab is 10 years old, weighs 90 pounds and goes though 40 pounds of dog food 3-4 weeks; that Great Dane weighs almost twice as much and is getting less than half of what my dog is getting. They are NOT feeding him correctly at all, and it shows. I'd like to have him for a few months and show them how he should look.

Hey, y'all. Got some more info on what a properly fed Great Dane really should look like. This is Bobby, who just took Best of Winners in a show. He is 13 months old. This is what a properly fed Great Dane should look like. There isn't an ounce of fat on this dog, but he is in superb physical condition, as you can see.

Bobby, Best of Winners

I'd like to find that "lady" who has that big Dane and take her dog away from her before she starves him to death.
--
"I can't save them all, but I sure as hell CAN help move them to safety." - Jo

"...If the beasts were gone, we would die from a great loneliness of spirit." - Chief Seattle

jaynick
lit up
Premium
join:2001-02-06
Sterling Heights, MI
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Comcast
She should be easy to find, jo. The Dane is in the Guinness Book as the tallest dog by an inch over the previous Dane. She(the owner) has had a lot of publicity with this Dane.
"The Guinness World Records 2013 book out Thursday recognizes Zeus of Otsego as its official Tallest Dog. / Guinness World Records". That is in Northern Michigan.

usa2k
Blessed
Premium,MVM
join:2003-01-26
Redford, MI
kudos:3
Guinness should have health in mind too IMO.
My daughter's dog looked like that a year ago when she was a rescue - but looks great now.

jaynick
lit up
Premium
join:2001-02-06
Sterling Heights, MI
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by usa2k:

Guinness should have health in mind too IMO.
My daughter's dog looked like that a year ago when she was a rescue - but looks great now.

I agree 100%.