share rss forum feed

Dude111
An Awesome Dude
Premium
join:2003-08-04
USA
kudos:13
reply to cramer

Hmmmmm i wonder why Time warner basically STEALS EARTHLINK CUSTOMERS THEN?? (If earthlink IS NOT part of TWC,how can they get away with this?? (Switching someone w/o telling them))

DrDrew
That others may surf
Premium
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
kudos:17
said by Dude111:

Hmmmmm i wonder why Time warner basically STEALS EARTHLINK CUSTOMERS THEN?? (If earthlink IS NOT part of TWC,how can they get away with this?? (Switching someone w/o telling them))

It was a mistake by a CSR who doesn't train very well.
--
If it's important, back it up... twice. Even 99.999% availability isn't enough sometimes.

cramer
Premium
join:2007-04-10
Raleigh, NC
kudos:9
reply to Dude111
A) TWC charges more.
B) TWC keeps 100% of the check. (Earthlink gets some part of my $42/month. Not much, but not zero either.)

Of course, Earthlink's contract doesn't include the latest speeds (i.e. the "wideband" DOCSIS 3 speeds) and TWC has been known to limit the "turbo" speeds. (it's a tier they don't sell anymore, but it's part of the elink contract.)

Racerbob
Premium
join:2001-06-24
Webster, NY
kudos:1
said by cramer:

Of course, Earthlink's contract doesn't include the latest speeds (i.e. the "wideband" DOCSIS 3 speeds) and TWC has been known to limit the "turbo" speeds. (it's a tier they don't sell anymore, but it's part of the elink contract.)

I would think that in my area that has been upgraded to Doccis3 that I would still see Doccis3 if I went with Earthlink. Earthlink speeds are the same as TW's with no powerboost. So 10/1 and 20/2 levels.
--
Obama = Epic Fail

concord7

join:2010-04-20
Charlotte, NC
I've used Earthlink in the past as a leverage to get TWC to offer me a lower rate when they increased their rates. I just got off the two year special rate and find that I'm being charged 57.95/mnth now (from 45.95). I'm fed up with TWC increases, so I went to Earthlink and they no longer provide service to my area. So I'm stuck with either TWC and Windstream.