Premium Member
join:2005-02-15
Outback

norwegian to ashrc4

Premium Member

to ashrc4

Re: Australia won't back away from data retention plan

said by ashrc4:

That point currently, does not carry as much weight here as it does for US citizens.
The size and ability to affect more than a hand full of people at one time on the scale of misuse at any given time from ASIO would be far from the notion that some of these powers being allowed in the US.

It should be given valid consideration...yes.

Trust must be earned and assurances here usually go without saying.
You earn more votes here by outing the rouges than siding with the corrupt...Especially in parliament.

Yes I am surprised at what the US is doing already. From the simple beginnings to a power who now wants to play lock down; I'm sure the pilgrims left the free world behind to find a fresh start......somehow no one imagined those fore-bearers would produce what you have today:

»Obama Admin. Re-Requests Indefinite Detention Power
»CRS Memorandum on Targeted Killings

Just to name the first page. The world is quickly becoming a military force and dictatorship not a voted democratic, or republic where our voices are clearly heard without a Tiananmen Square type response from the authorities because they believe it threatens the seat in power.

ashrc4
Premium Member
join:2009-02-06
australia

ashrc4

Premium Member

Compulsory Voting seems to be my suggestion to slow/alter/inject more democratic type of values back into the fray.
You only need to pander to those that vote and confuse those that don't, to stay in power.
When your ability to win ensures that most of the public need to agree with you on most things it will change the political landscape closer inline with what people want.
If you guys could just implement it for a while.