AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

AVD to KodiacZiller

Premium Member

to KodiacZiller

Re: Can U.S. Citizen Shoot Down Domestic Spy Drones?

said by KodiacZiller:

said by AVD:

lets step back for a second.

from time to time, we see postings of police cars parking in private driveways to observe compliance with traffic laws on the public highway. No reasonable person thinks itis legal, or morally justified, to vandalize the police car or endanger the officer. The proper action is to document the trespass, and inform the higher authorities; escalating the issue until the homeowner achieves satisfaction.

I would think that unauthorized intrusions by spy drones fall into the same category, notify the FAA and follow through.

Not the same at all. A cop in a driveway has a view of maybe a couple hundred feet. A drone can spy on you from miles away -- see in your backyard, etc. If fitted with thermal imaging, it can see you walking around inside your home. A big difference.

Cops do not need this technology. It is nothing but a power grab and a militarization of our police forces. This is something the founders wanted to avoid at all costs.

can you shoot the surveillance van that is hacking your wifi and looking into your house with thermal imaging or maybe broadcasting x-rays or millimeter microwaves through your house to a receiver on the other side?

KodiacZiller
Premium Member
join:2008-09-04

KodiacZiller

Premium Member

said by AVD:

can you shoot the surveillance van that is hacking your wifi and looking into your house with thermal imaging or maybe broadcasting x-rays or millimeter microwaves through your house to a receiver on the other side?

Good luck to them hacking my WiFi.

Secondly, I am not advocating shooting drones. I am merely saying that surveillance by drones and surveillance by G-men sitting across the street in a Lincoln Towncar are two different animals. One is targeted, while another is a fishing expedition, "eye in the sky" type of surveillance.

This is nothing but another step toward militarizing Police (who have become increasingly like the military in the past 10 years). Pretty soon all Cops will be carrying M-4's, driving tanks, and carrying grenade launchers. They don't *need* these toys, they just want them to feel powerful. But then again, most Cops become Cops because they are on a power trip.