Search similar:

uniqs
Sukunai
Premium Member
join:2008-05-07

Sukunai to StuartMW

Premium Member

to StuartMW

Re: No Facebook at work? I'll look elsewhere...

Here's a challenge, using a fake name as this is just an experiment, see what you get when you create a page, and then say absolutely nothing about yourself and not pick a single thing you like, and see the result.

It took a lot of effort to find the settings in my case to turn off the barrage of garbage that gets directed at the account all because you made the mistake of saying anything about oneself and what you liked.

And if you have any friends, you get barraged by all of their activity (which is a lot if they also haven't been brutally selective).

Thaler
Premium Member
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA

Thaler to Metatron2008

Premium Member

to Metatron2008
said by Metatron2008:

Should ask men only, you'll find nobody uses facebook then.

Dunno who you're following. Both males and females yak up plenty of bullcrap on Facebook. It's especially annoying during an election year. Every time I check my news feed, it's like Fox News & MSNBC had a massive dueling banjos face off.
Thaler

Thaler to rcdailey

Premium Member

to rcdailey
said by rcdailey:

Not having a Facebook account may be similar to holing up alone in a house or a cabin, as in the case of the Unabomber, for example.

I really would hate to think that having a Facebook account is a metric of a person's sanity. If anything, I've seen Facebook be the spawning grounds of a lot of bullcrap.

"Your honor, the defendant would like to plead not guilty by reason of insanity. He did not have a Facebook account. I rest my case."

Metatron2008
You're it
Premium Member
join:2008-09-02
united state

Metatron2008 to Thaler

Premium Member

to Thaler
said by Thaler:

said by Metatron2008:

Should ask men only, you'll find nobody uses facebook then.

Dunno who you're following. Both males and females yak up plenty of bullcrap on Facebook. It's especially annoying during an election year. Every time I check my news feed, it's like Fox News & MSNBC had a massive dueling banjos face off.

In a work environment. I've seen countless women spend hours on facebook at work. Not so much with men.

Thaler
Premium Member
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA

Thaler

Premium Member

Same. It's a pretty popular site to see open in the background while people talk opinions, plans, or just baloney. Facebook games are also a popular choice.

JALevinworth
@embarqhsd.net

JALevinworth to scross

Anon

to scross
said by scross:

said by Exidor:

I seem to recall previous discussions on this board on how some employers were using Facebook as part of the hiring process.
[snip]

Came here to make exactly this point!
[snip]

Keep in mind that at any company or organization, HR hiring policies does not equal Corporate/IT end user policy. They have totally different missions and are not required to be compatible (and for most, the left hand wouldn't even care what the right hand is doing anyway).

-Jim