Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

kickass69

join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

[iO] Cablevision develops Social TV Technology

»www.fiercecable.com/story/cablev···12-09-14

Cablevision (NYSE: CVC) is developing social TV technology that could allow subscribers to talk to each other via voice or video chats while watching programming, according to a recent patent application.

"The system enables a viewer to find friends, or other like-minded viewers not acquainted with the viewer, for virtual communal viewing parties," Cablevision states in the patent application, which is titled "Virtual Communal Television Viewing."

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey
Chat Roulette on your TV !!!

JoeSchmoe007
Premium
join:2003-01-19
Brooklyn, NY
reply to kickass69
Makes me glad I only have internet service from CV

cabletecht

join:2012-06-08

1 edit
reply to kickass69
this is going to be another optimum link...going to be retired as soon as it rolls out..if it even gets that far.

»optimum.net/iolivetrial

LLStarks
I've been here a while
Premium
join:2003-12-03
Roslyn, NY
reply to Bob4
said by Bob4:

Chat Roulette on your TV !!!

I hope it doesn't end up being a a bunch of dicks.
--
I know before you even speak that you're wrong.

kickass69

join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
reply to cabletecht
Do you think there's anything Cablevision can do that will stick?

cabletecht

join:2012-06-08
said by kickass69:

Do you think there's anything Cablevision can do that will stick?

dvr plus and optimum wifi

IllIlIlllIll
EliteData
Premium
join:2003-07-06
Hampton Bays, NY
kudos:7
reply to kickass69
they should focus their resources on providing the rest of the premium channels in HD instead.
this new idea is about as good as a bottle rocket in slow motion.
--
Suffolk County NY Police Feed - »www.scpdny.com
PS3 Gaming Feed - »www.livestream.com/elitedata

dm145

join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
said by IllIlIlllIll:

they should focus their resources on providing the rest of the premium channels in HD instead.

You post this quite often!
I have the gold package and the programming from the missing ones can be seen on the ones we do have (or via OnDemand)

Absolute non issue for me, would rather have better pq and reliable internet speeds! I think it more of a case of some people just like to whine about something.

IllIlIlllIll
EliteData
Premium
Hampton Bays, NY
said by dm145:

said by IllIlIlllIll:

You post this quite often!
I have the gold package and the programming from the missing ones can be seen on the ones we do have (or via OnDemand)

Absolute non issue for me, would rather have better pq and reliable internet speeds! I think it more of a case of some people just like to whine about something.

i also have the gold package and get a "generous" discount because I'm unhappy that other available "providers" have the remaining channels that CV has in HD.
I'm not a "whiner" but I like to "feel" like I'm getting my moneys worth and I dont quite "feel" that way when a movie I'm interested in watching is only available in 480i on CV.
you have no idea how 480i source content (especially heavily compressed) looks on a $2K 46" tv.
yes BD (PS3) and PC look stunning, CV's HD is good, but this tv certainly was not made for 480i source content.
(its awsome for an HDMI computer monitor though )
--
Suffolk County NY Police Feed - »www.scpdny.com
PS3 Gaming Feed - »www.livestream.com/elitedata

frdrizzt

join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to IllIlIlllIll
I seriously doubt whatever team is working on product design/testing on this has any impact whatsoever on contract negotiations with providers to carry additional channels in HD. I also doubt it would cripple the ability to fit additional channels, but again, I know nothing about the channel outside of what I am reading here.

IllIlIlllIll
EliteData
Premium
Hampton Bays, NY
as long as it does not use up the limited amount of QAM slots available.