spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Lothario
join:2009-09-30
Ottawa, ON

Lothario to Ginjer

to Ginjer

Re: [Raiding] Pride and Ego (Nathrezim) hits level 25!!

From what I hear you have 1 healing spell till the mid 30's.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie to McBrain

Premium Member

to McBrain
said by McBrain:

said by Immer:

I can't wait to add a monk healer to my arsenal.

I did a Direbrew run last night with a Monk tank...he did 45k DPS. I was second with 35k, it was insane.

That is Vengeance for you, Coren hits like a damn truck I've been pulling 36k+ on that fight on my leveling gear.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain

When I have a good tank that is able to control the adds I've been in the 35-38k range. That's at level 89, in leveling gear, and about 5% below hit cap. I was only beaten well by one or two dps in all the runs I did yesterday.

I think with a few more item levels, hit cap, and a good tank I could see 45-50k on that fight. I'm not sure what to think about that, since the SimCraft numbers I'm seeing for t14 are all >120k dps for Mages. I realize that's in tier level BiS gear, but ~125% increase in DPS seems like a ton for such a short period of time.

Ginjer
Premium Member
join:2009-08-14
Earth

Ginjer to Venom14

Premium Member

to Venom14
Here is a quick thought for some of you guildees. I have noticed the economy on the sever is not that great. As a result, I am wondering if it would be more beneficial to have an alt guild bank. IE, we pitch in to get the majority of the tabs. Then we put the lower level profession mats there for faster leveling of alts professions down the road. This will not only save us money, but prevent our personal banks and guild banks from being flooded with out of date content mats. What is everyone's thoughts? Could this work? What if we did "x" amount of gold per stack of "x" that could then be used to put back into the main guild bank?

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain

I like that idea and I think it works in theory.

Tough part is finding someone willing to maintain it...It'd more or less be a quasi AH that would send its 'profits' to the main guild bank.

I vote to name the alt guild store "S-Mart"
Aeo
join:2008-10-10
Tahlequah, OK

Aeo to Immer

to Immer
Hey Immer -
I got my priest xfr'd over Saturday night and tried to msg you to get an invite but no response. Can I just check with anyone on to get an invite. Toon's name is Aeowulf.

Ginjer
Premium Member
Earth

Ginjer to McBrain

Premium Member

to McBrain
said by McBrain:

I like that idea and I think it works in theory.

Tough part is finding someone willing to maintain it...It'd more or less be a quasi AH that would send its 'profits' to the main guild bank.

I vote to name the alt guild store "S-Mart"

It seems like it could work and free up space for only current content mats in the M G Bank. I have noticed that gathering mats I would pay a ton for on one server, sell for like 2g here. Why make a minimal profit, when we can help each other out? To me, that makes more sense. Now, I understand some items can make a great profit. But, if we try to keep "X" amount of an item in the new bank, then some people can continue to make profit. Who knows, could be more difficult than it sounds.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain

It will basically be a guild store. I like it.

On a different note, I am completely lost as to what rep to grind first...Golden Lotus for Tailoring and August Celestial for Enchanting? I can't seem to find a list that I can read clearly enough at work to determine where to start.

Unfortunately I started last night while questing with Klaxxi...at least I got some VP out of that.

Feralmordius
join:2011-01-18

Feralmordius

You have to be revered on Golden Lotus to unlock some other rep dailies. (The August Celestials and Shado-Pan). So I have started with them and Klaxxi for gear.

If you have time: Tillers is for the farming stuff and anglers for fishing. Also the Cloud people for the dragon mounts. Also the
Lorewalkers is pretty easy. Just fly around and collect achievements. I used Lorewalker Addon and tomtom.

»www.wowhead.com/news=206 ··· ck-facts
Feralmordius

Feralmordius to drew

to drew
Not sure what level other cookers are at but if I could get 150 mogu pumpkins and 40 Krasarang Paddlefish, I could max cooking. These mats would be going into feasts also so that would help on raids.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

I'll keep an eye out for pools of the paddlefish.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie to Feralmordius

Premium Member

to Feralmordius
I started with the Pumpkins yesterday, I will send you what I get.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to Aeo

Premium Member

to Aeo
said by Aeo:

Hey Immer -
I got my priest xfr'd over Saturday night and tried to msg you to get an invite but no response. Can I just check with anyone on to get an invite. Toon's name is Aeowulf.

There you are! Okay, shortly after an xfer, sometimes there is lag on blizzard's end. I got your whisper, but the client wouldn't send any of my replies to you. I couldn't add your toon to my /friends list because the UI said you didn't exist. I think the same thing happened to McBrain. Tonight, you should be good and I'll add you as soon as I see you online. Sorry about that, brother.
said by Feralmordius:

Not sure what level other cookers are at but if I could get 150 mogu pumpkins and 40 Krasarang Paddlefish, I could max cooking. These mats would be going into feasts also so that would help on raids.

I've been farming all pumpkin (4 plants per day) and I usually harvest about 20~25 per day. I'll mail you what I get today.
Aeo
join:2008-10-10
Tahlequah, OK

Aeo

its no problem - had a pain in the patella getting transfered.
It took my name at the character creation screen but when I went to log in it said I was flagged for a name change. It took 45 minutes and about 100 names before it finally took a random name. I get logged in and my name is what I had originally set it to and was supposedly "flagged". Not upset though, but i did realize that I have always been on a PVE/RP server and I might want to adjust my shadow spec for any potential PVP encounters.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
I hit 90 last night and run the new Ring of Blood scenarioa couple times with guildies it was a lot of fun and tnank you all for helping out. I got a nice healing mace for my brand new holy spec. The sad part is my holy gear is really lacking so I doubt I will be able to raid as holy tonight, I bought a couple tank pieces to get me over 440 so I can start tanking heroics to fill the gaps on my holy gear.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer to Aeo

Premium Member

to Aeo
said by Aeo:

Not upset though, but i did realize that I have always been on a PVE/RP server and I might want to adjust my shadow spec for any potential PVP encounters.

Okay... I saw your in-game app for the guild last night, but I didn't see you online. Did I just miss you? We'll get you added, brother. I also told some of my guys to look out for you to log on so they can add ya.
Immer

Immer to Jobbie

Premium Member

to Jobbie
It's cool, brother. The goal for tonight is just to get in there and see it. If it's a total smash, we'll make a few attempts to try things out and then go back to grinding heroics. I'm just excited to be here, ya know? No stress... this is all fun.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Sounds good, I was worried about not being able to do my part. I'll go in and enjoy the fight with you all.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

Remember also that our raid nights are Tues/Wed. If we find we just lack gear tonight, we'll adjust fire and farm for gear... and try again tomorrow night.

Ginjer
Premium Member
Earth

1 recommendation

Ginjer to Venom14

Premium Member

to Venom14
Okay Men and Women, here is our Tuesday pep talk.

"Lets Beat the SHIZZZZZ out of this Xpac" (in my Ray Lewis voice)

This guild is going to be great, I have a feeling about it... Now, let's make it happen.

Lothario
join:2009-09-30
Ottawa, ON

Lothario

Does LFR start this week?

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

Next week.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer to Lothario

Premium Member

to Lothario
I don't think LFR starts until next week.

Ginjer
Premium Member
Earth

Ginjer

Premium Member

said by Immer:

I don't think LFR starts until next week.

I know what my Monk is going to be doing Next weekend!

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer to Venom14

Premium Member

to Venom14
By the way, I just looked through the Battle.net Armory Community Challenge Mode Leader boards for Nathrezim... no records have been set yet on our Server.

Here are the best times across all servers:
said by Armory at 1400 EST :

Gate of the Setting Sun -- 0:12:15
Mogu'shan Palace -- 0:11:50
Scarlett Halls -- 0:12:18
Scarlet Monastery -- 0:18:46
Scholomance -- 0:24:59
Shado-Pan Monastery -- {no record}
Siege of Niuzao Temple -- 0:23:53
Stormstout Brewery -- 0:12:02
Temple of the Jade Serpent -- 0:15:59

Feralmordius
join:2011-01-18

Feralmordius

said by Immer:

... no records have been set yet on our Server.

Do we have enough toons with gear to pull one of these off? Maybe if raid doesn't go smoothly we should look at trying one. Shoot try them all.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

1 edit

Immer

Premium Member

said by Feralmordius:

...we should look at trying one. Shoot try them all.

that's what I was thinking. /grin.

I know we can get our name on the boards... and am confident we can maintain a presence there.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain to Feralmordius

to Feralmordius
I'm pretty sure that you, Muzzle, clawfury, XXX dps, and a healer would be geared enough.

I may be the highest ilvl ranged dps outside of Muzzle...not sure where other toons are. I'll be >450 by the end of the night. I could reach that with one solid heroic run.

I'd like to give Mogu'Shan a solid go, either until we down something or are thoroughly convinced that we can't do it tonight.

What spec do you guys think I should be running for the first fight, Fire? I think it has the most cleave potential between the two specs that I run right now. I'm just a little unsure that I am capable at the moment to reach the potential of the spec at my skill level.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

For the first run, I think the only fair answer is whatever spec you feel the most comfortable with. We need to experience the fight, learn the timing of the abilities, and fine-tune positioning. Best to have your rotations second-nature than to have something you are still trying to smooth out in the midst of the chaos. If we start wiping at 10%... we'll be talking min/max in a serious way, though, lol.
Immer

Immer to Feralmordius

Premium Member

to Feralmordius
Click for full size
Another possibility is to go after one of the world bosses. Wow-Heroes is tracking these bosses for progression.

Edit: we won't kill him with only 8 members. But if I read the achieve correctly, if we can get a whole bunch of people together for it, we get the achieve if we have at least 8 guild members in the raid for the kill.