All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

challengthis
@stsn.com

challengthis to markf

Anon

to markf

Re: Speedtouch.ca not so honorable as it turns out...

Just call your CC company, you wont lose this. He claims water damage, but he also cant because of a few reasons.

1. He is a dealer, he can sub in any number of damaged modems at his disposal for this unscrupulous claim.
2. The ST516 has no water damage indicators, and the sticker on the bottom is plastic/foil. Only the manufacturer/ repair center can claim water damage.
3. Unless you specifically emailed "yes, you can charge my card for a second one in advance" or he recorded a conversation with you saying that, its an unauthorized charge. You could technically sue him for it.

I have ran into these merchants before, very typical of the scum class.

Use an AMEX in the future, their charge back system is brutal for the unscrupulous merchants.

Hope you win!
markf
join:2008-01-24
Scarborough, ON

markf

He did have my authorization for the second charge, but in the same sentence he promised a "100% refund" when he received the other one back.

I have called the CC company, just waiting for a call back today or tomorrow. The lady on the phone said it sounded pretty straight forward.

I will look into small claims if necessary, but I think the CC will take care of it without an issue.

upsidedown
@utoronto.ca

upsidedown

Anon

said by markf:

He did have my authorization for the second charge, but in the same sentence he promised a "100% refund" when he received the other one back.

I have called the CC company, just waiting for a call back today or tomorrow. The lady on the phone said it sounded pretty straight forward.

I will look into small claims if necessary, but I think the CC will take care of it without an issue.

So, how did it go?
markf
Scarborough, ON

markf

CC company wants faxes of the emails where he said he'd give me my money back.

A bit of a pain to haul a phone line to my fax/printer, but I will have to do it in the next couple of days.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

Save the email to a PDF and then use www.faxzero.com to send it. They'll let you send up to three pages for free, but you can break up the emails into multiple separate faxes if you need to.
markf
Scarborough, ON

markf

Click for full size
Thanks, I've tried that service, now I'll see what happens next.

Just for fun, let's play which is the water damaged modem.

Look at the pictures and tell me which one is "water damaged"
MajorPewPew
join:2010-09-19

MajorPewPew

said by markf:

Thanks, I've tried that service, now I'll see what happens next.

Just for fun, let's play which is the water damaged modem.

Look at the pictures and tell me which one is "water damaged"

So, whats the verdict? Did you put "Dave" in his rightful place?
markf
Scarborough, ON

markf

The CC company will be issuing the chargeback within 3 business days.

I think knowing that over 1400 people have read about Dave thanks to the OP and my story is putting him in his place quite well.

Hopefully no one else has to experience Dave's customer "service" and they buy from reputable retailers instead.

You don't save buying Dave.