Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jjeffeory

join:2002-12-04
USA
reply to IowaCowboy

Re: Caps are not an issue for me

Unfortunately, I don't think it's their core product anymore. It's more the side business with phone and Internet being the main draw. Certainly Comcast provides better Internet than cable.

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast

1 recommendation

Many times it is cheaper to bundle tv, Internet, and phone. In our area, Comcast has triple play bundles starting at prices not much more than standalone Internet and they give you faster speeds with bundling. I like having a home phone (try telling a 911 dispatcher your exact location when you are in the middle of an armed home invasion or have a child that is not breathing). And in our area, if you dial 911 on a cell phone, it goes to the state police dispatch in Northampton (MA) and you have to tell them the city or town where the emergency is and they transfer you to the local dispatch AND you have to give them the exact location. With a landline, it goes to the local dispatch AND they have your exact location on their screen. When someone is in cardiac arrest, every second counts.
--
I wish I still lived in Iowa; Everything there from rent and groceries to Cable TV is much cheaper in Iowa (especially with an overbuilder in town).

Crookshanks

join:2008-02-04
Binghamton, NY
said by IowaCowboy:

try telling a 911 dispatcher your exact location when you are in the middle of an armed home invasion

There's a solution to home invasions that includes the numbers '911', but it has an M and a 1 in front of them.

Joking aside, you make a great case for having a landline. My POTS line is a lousy $27/mo after taxes and fees, or 90 cents a day, why would I give up that peace of mind? I call 911, they have my location instantly. Even in areas with wireless E911 they don't necessarily get an accurate location, and it may take time for the location to resolve.