spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jfn0106

join:2012-09-16
reply to CarsonKT

Re: slow 6M DSL Montreal (evening only?)

Same issue on 6M DSL here in Ottawa.

Consistently getting between 1M to 3M downstream in the evenings, out of the blue, for the past few days. Speeds seem to return to normal during the day, however. Just got off the phone with Teksavvy support but they claim there isn't much they can do, short of having five other subscribers on the same DSLAM complaining of congestion issues, then they can raise a ticket with Bell.

TSI Paul
Business Services Rep
Premium
join:2009-09-28
Chatham, ON
kudos:4
Hello,

To try and find an issue I would suggest trying a connection with test@test and get the gateway IP to see if everyone if on the same BAS.

Thanks,
Paul

spacey

join:2008-04-02
Montreal, QC
Hi Paul,

So you mean I should fill in the username as test@test, no password and write down the gateway IP address I get and post it here?

TSI Paul
Business Services Rep
Premium
Chatham, ON
Hello,

username test@test
password test

Thanks,
Paul

edit: you can post the test@test here or with your account info in the Direct forum.

spacey

Montreal, QC
I got the info, what is the Direct forum?

Is there a number I can just call you at?

spacey

Montreal, QC
So its about 5pm, this is my current speedtest result:

TSI Paul
Business Services Rep
Premium
Chatham, ON
reply to spacey
Right here

»TekSavvy Direct

EdT

join:2009-06-12
Saint-Laurent, QC
reply to spacey
WTH ! ...Is that VSDL 25Mb/s service ?

spacey

Montreal, QC
Yeah, but just wait till later this evening... if history repeats itself, the download rate will drop drastically.

In the morning I can get 27mbit sometimes...

EdT

Saint-Laurent, QC
Use a modem utility like DMT or Orbit to determine what your line attenuation is and how far you are from the CO.

Since you are able to get those high speeds, I think you are alright, just maybe weather conditions are affecting your line or the DSLAM.

EdT

Saint-Laurent, QC
reply to TSI Paul
You mean we can login through PPoE with that ? I tried and it didn't work ! ...LoL