spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Jayson

@cogentco.com

Airfiber compatible DC injector

Anyone know where to source a passive or DC input POE injector that will power the airfiber? I have fiber and DC to the roof of a datacenter and I need to get these things in the air.

jlester

join:2005-02-07
N. Calif.

»beyond-wifi.com/poe/

Jayson

@swbell.net

I don't see any gigabit POE injectors on that page.

John Galt
Forward, March
Premium
join:2004-09-30
Happy Camp
kudos:8
reply to Jayson

What does UBNT provide?

prairiesky

join:2008-12-08
canada
kudos:2

sounds like his problem is that he has DC and not AC. The ubnt's probably only have an AC in.

John Galt
Forward, March
Premium
Happy Camp

said by prairiesky:

sounds like his problem is that he has DC and not AC. The ubnt's probably only have an AC in.

I have a saw and a hammer.

There may not be an issue with regard to the speed rating from a regular POE. Once its converted to DC by the pack, then what?

That is the question...show me the guts!
--
The most powerful weapon in the world is ignorance. Politicians exploit it to achieve almost anything they want.

Jayson

@cogentco.com

The problem is that it has to be powered over data pairs. I picked up a couple of Mikrotik RB/GPOE injectors today at the recommendation of the UBNT forum. I will test them in a bit.

LLigetfa

join:2006-05-15
Fort Frances, ON
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to John Galt

said by John Galt:

There may not be an issue with regard to the speed rating from a regular POE.

A regular passive POE injector breaks out the power pairs so they cannot back-feed and subsequently cannot pass data.

--
Strange as it seems, no amount of learning can cure stupidity, and formal education positively fortifies it. -- Stephen Vizinczey

John Galt
Forward, March
Premium
Happy Camp
reply to Jayson

said by Jayson :

The problem is that it has to be powered over data pairs. I picked up a couple of Mikrotik RB/GPOE injectors today at the recommendation of the UBNT forum. I will test them in a bit.

This is useful information. Not too many people have seen these devices so you're on the cutting edge...

John Galt
Forward, March
Premium
Happy Camp
reply to LLigetfa

said by LLigetfa:

A regular passive POE injector breaks out the power pairs so they cannot back-feed and subsequently cannot pass data.

I know how -these- work...

Did I mention I have a hammer and saw...??

soportec
Premium
join:2006-01-06
reply to Jayson

TyconPower sells some dcdc Poes in 48Volt range with gigabit capacity