spc
Search similar:

uniqs

haroldo
join:2004-01-16
USA

haroldo

[Poll] iOS 6 is it okay to upgrade

Since some initial versions of upgrades can contain problems, I think a poll might be a helpful tool for those contemplating upgrading.

Please answer the poll after you've used iOS 6 for a sufficient period of time to determine if there are any 'issues', since some issues might not be apparent in the first five minutes

Poll
Are you glad you upgraded?

Yes - it has been problem free

No - I've been having problems

I'm not sure

I don't plan on upgrading

Votes:79

Count Zero
Premium Member
join:2007-01-18
Milton, FL

Count Zero

Premium Member

Actually AirPrint seems broken on my iPhone. But we'll see if that doesn't get fixed soon.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to haroldo

Premium Member

to haroldo
I'm not upgrading my iPhone4, since most of the cool features have been left out, and the phone already runs significantly slower on 5.1.1, so I wont bother with iOS6...

Besides, there isn't a JB yet anyway, and probably wont be for a while.

GuruGuy
Premium Member
join:2002-12-16
Atlanta, GA

GuruGuy to haroldo

Premium Member

to haroldo
After install, iPhone rebooted and then it acts as a new phone. Setup screen appeared, wanted WiFi turned on, etc. App screens funky, music match was turned off. A lot of my previous settings were changed.
GuruGuy

GuruGuy

Premium Member

said by GuruGuy:

After install, iPhone rebooted and then it acts as a new phone. Setup screen appeared, wanted WiFi turned on, etc. App screens funky, music match was turned off. A lot of my previous settings were changed.

Opened my photos.....message says restoring.....

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170

skeechan to haroldo

Premium Member

to haroldo
I don't see how anyone could answer problem free given it's been out for all of 10 seconds unless they're a dev running the GM. Come back in a week and say it's problem free.

GuruGuy
Premium Member
Atlanta, GA

1 edit

GuruGuy

Premium Member

said by GuruGuy:

said by GuruGuy:

I have approximately 9000 photos which were organized in the iPhone by albums. After the restore message went away, none of the albums appeared. All the pics are there in one album now. On my computer, they are still in albums.

This is effing ridiculous! Hundreds of albums all merged into one album now and I can't find pics anymore without scrolling through one HUGE list!

???
GuruGuy

GuruGuy

Premium Member

said by GuruGuy:

said by GuruGuy:

said by GuruGuy:

I have approximately 9000 photos which were organized in the iPhone by albums. After the restore message went away, none of the albums appeared. All the pics are there in one album now. On my computer, they are still in albums.

This is effing ridiculous! Hundreds of albums all merged into one album now and I can't find pics anymore without scrolling through one HUGE list!

???

Well after sitting on top of the desk for about an hour, I picked up the phone and opened the photos.....all the albums are magically back now.

Dan Given
Premium Member
join:2001-03-16
Fort Worth, TX

Dan Given to haroldo

Premium Member

to haroldo
New maps don't show traffic (and yes, I do have it turned on to show traffic). I used that feature a lot before, so unless there's a time lag it's a step back.
I decided to try it out on my iPod first and now I'm not sure if I want to upgrade the iPhone and iPad.

pcdebb
birdbrain
Premium Member
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL
ARRIS DG1670

pcdebb to haroldo

Premium Member

to haroldo
The only weird thing I've seen is on this website. If I'm in a thread, and there is a new reply, instead of it showing up like it usually does, the thread is duplicated then the new post is shown. Kinda weird.

I do love using Siri on my iPad to open apps. Haven't messed with other things yet. My photo album looks intact.

Have not updated my phone yet.

haroldo
USA

haroldo to GuruGuy

to GuruGuy
said by GuruGuy:

Well after sitting on top of the desk for about an hour, I picked up the phone and opened the photos.....all the albums are magically back now.

another Festivus Miracle!
haroldo

haroldo

Okay, Facebook integration (in Contacts, etc.) is kind of nice

dennismurphy
Put me on hold? I'll put YOU on hold
Premium Member
join:2002-11-19
Parsippany, NJ

dennismurphy to GuruGuy

Premium Member

to GuruGuy
said by GuruGuy:

It takes a while... my photos said "restoring 102 of 530" or something like that .... gave it 15 minutes and all was good.

pcdebb
birdbrain
Premium Member
Brandon, FL

pcdebb to haroldo

Premium Member

to haroldo
said by haroldo:

Okay, Facebook integration (in Contacts, etc.) is kind of nice

i don't see this

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2 to haroldo

Premium Member

to haroldo
Mine works flawlessly

haroldo
USA

haroldo to pcdebb

to pcdebb
Yeah, it's great, they add people...or unify them (if they're already a contact).

GuruGuy
Premium Member
Atlanta, GA

GuruGuy to dennismurphy

Premium Member

to dennismurphy
said by dennismurphy:

said by GuruGuy:

It takes a while... my photos said "restoring 102 of 530" or something like that .... gave it 15 minutes and all was good.

I have over 9,000 and it took a long time...
GuruGuy

GuruGuy to haroldo

Premium Member

to haroldo
said by haroldo:

Yeah, it's great, they add people...or unify them (if they're already a contact).

Yeah, but you have to read that fine print carefully when you turn that on. It says something about the fact that you are now sharing that info with your FB friends. I imagine the settings in your FB account limit who sees it, but it could turn into something that you don't want to happen

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious to haroldo

Premium Member

to haroldo
Biting the bullet and upgrading my iPad2 (it was jailbroken but the only bit I ever used was SBSettings); my curiosity for iOS 6 has gotten the better of me...

haroldo
USA

1 recommendation

haroldo

Siri on iPad (for us iPhone4 users) is nice!

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious

Premium Member

That was a big part of the tipping point; that and I'm curious about the new layout for the store(s).

pcdebb
birdbrain
Premium Member
Brandon, FL

pcdebb to haroldo

Premium Member

to haroldo
Safari on the iPad has been just funky since the upgrade. I don't know what to make of it.

haroldo
USA

haroldo

Safari tabs on iCloud is really cool! Open iPad and see what you were looking at on OS X Safari.
Each device sees the other's tabs....cool!

Paul928
join:2000-05-06
Haverhill, MA

Paul928 to haroldo

to haroldo
Just upgraded, and everything seemed to go well so far. Not to crazy about the maps, as it seems to put me in the wrong spot....maybe a few hundred yards away..... Tried Siri and all I can say is *yawn* I just can't see what all the hopala is about it....maybe it's me, but I'm not impressed....if there is one plus to the upgrade, it appears to be a little "snappier," but that may be my imagination.

haroldo
USA

haroldo

Siri is okay for some things, like setting up reminders or appointments or waking you up. As far as web searching....

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON

DKS to haroldo

to haroldo
said by haroldo:

said by GuruGuy:

another Festivus Miracle!

Or a true application of the laying on of hands...

haroldo
USA

haroldo

said by haroldo:

Contacts on iOS are comingled with Facebook, but not Contacts on OSX...cloud slow?

bobrk
You kids get offa my lawn
Premium Member
join:2000-02-02
San Jose, CA

bobrk to haroldo

Premium Member

to haroldo
Looking good. Definitely Teh Snappy™.

iTunes/App Store definitely slow, though, for sure.

My iPhone 4 Maps app has turn-by-turn directions without speaking and no 3D satellite renders, if anyone is curious.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious

Premium Member

said by darcilicious:

Biting the bullet and upgrading my iPad2 (it was jailbroken but the only bit I ever used was SBSettings); my curiosity for iOS 6 has gotten the better of me...

Well, looks like I'm going to have to wait until I get home (or longer). I'm not sure if it's the flaky wifi at work or if the Apple servers are overloaded but trying to upgrade over-the-air has failed three times (the first two times, though, I think it was because I only had 2.2 GB of free space; I freed up even more space and got further in the process but still had a "downloading" failure during the "update" process, supposedly after it was done "downloading" -- seems like the wrong error message was displayted).

Alcohol
Premium Member
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI

Alcohol to haroldo

Premium Member

to haroldo
Don't plan on upgrading because ipad doesn't quality to get it. I don't know how i can get it. I have the original ipad.