join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious to haroldo

Premium Member

to haroldo

Re: [Poll] iOS 6 is it okay to upgrade

My iOS 6 (on iPad2) issue of the day:

I'm trying to re-download my purchased music and other than 6 tracks that the iTunes store wanted me to re-authorize by pretending to re-purchase them, it went okay except for one REALLY annoying thing. I can not get a download option for six releases from one artist that I have already purchased. The purchased tab shows the artist but tapping that just brings up the infinite spinner. If I go to the store and view those releases, none of the tracks have the download button, just the price/purchase button.

BUT if I use my iPhone 4 running iOS 5.x (jailbroken) and go to the purchased tab (where I can actually search within just the purchased, not so with iOS 6 which forces you to browse), the exact same releases show up as downloadable.

Bah.

I've rebooted the iPad and have signed out and signed back in on the iPad. No joy

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

Nezmo to haroldo

MVM

to haroldo
Having downloaded the Fandango app yesterday as one that works with Passbook, it is now showing up this afternoon under Updates for me but with the 'open' button you get once a download is complete. Nothing I do clears it from the Updates tab. After the initial download yesterday it cleared from Updates as it should but today it's back.
Curiosity
join:2001-10-01
Dawson Creek, BC

Curiosity to haroldo

to haroldo
I have no plans to upgrade to iOS 6 because I like Google Maps with street view. Unless Apple Maps introduces street view, forget it!

Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

Thinkdiff to haroldo

MVM,

to haroldo
Just tried out iOS 6 on my iPad 3 while the 5.1.1 resigning window is still open. No issues with the upgrade. Restore from iCloud took about 15 minutes on my 10Mbps connection.

Overall it's a nice upgrade, but not sure I see anything that's going to keep me from going back to 5.1.1 for now (jailbreak is better than the new features). I love the Turn by Turn navigation and Siri is a lot better. The new iTunes store is significantly better. App store upgrade is so-so. iCloud tabs is the one "killer" feature that may convince me to give up the jailbreak in a few days/weeks after I don't have it anymore. The other thing I was really looking forward to was proper iMessage unification on all platforms (even when sent to a phone number). Unfortunately that seems to require iOS 6 on the phone itself for some reason, so I won't be enjoying that for quite some time - I need my phone to be jailbroken.

I can see why so many people are complaining about the Maps app. When it works, it works very nicely and does provide more useful traffic/routing information, imo. But when it fails, it does so spectacularly. Google Maps has been around for what feels like ages now, so it doesn't have as many of those issues anymore. I think once Apple works out the bugs and improves the quality of map data, it'll be a great alternative to Google Maps. I'm hoping that's a matter of weeks.. not months or years, but who knows. It'll really need a web interface or OS X app to completely replace google for me though. The loss of transit directions is quite disappointing.

Fun to play around with for a few hours. Back to 5.1.1.

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

Nezmo to haroldo

MVM

to haroldo
Auto-Brightness no longer works as far as I can tell under iOS6. A quick Google brings up lots of discussion threads. In my case it's on a 4S but it's being reported even on 5s. It's working fine on my iPad 2.

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2 to Curiosity

Premium Member

to Curiosity
Apple is working on the map issues